Guest Kamfa

Cichlid Resignation...

Guest Kamfa

hey guys,

over the past few weeks i have been contenplating wether or not to stop keeping cichlids (due to hastle from the devil aka my dad) and it came to mind today if i really wanted to keep them i would not be posting this right now...

so from now on i will contemplate leaving the hobby for good or just keeping sevral nano planted tanks...

my main reasons...

1. to many dramas

2. not enough space (aparently a red devil can be happy in a 2ft)

3. my dad says you cant overstock a tank full of aggresive americans...

bye bye guys

Sorry to hear that

May be in time you could find a compromise with your dad.

Sorry I know us dads can be very stubborn and say things

which make no sense to you at all.

If you keep planted tanks at least that is great.

Even if you would not,still good to be and have you on the forum

Herb

hey guys,

over the past few weeks i have been contenplating wether or not to stop keeping cichlids (due to hastle from the devil aka my dad) and it came to mind today if i really wanted to keep them i would not be posting this right now...

so from now on i will contemplate leaving the hobby for good or just keeping sevral nano planted tanks...

my main reasons...

1. to many dramas

2. not enough space (aparently a red devil can be happy in a 2ft)

3. my dad says you cant overstock a tank full of aggresive americans...

bye bye guys

I take it your a young bloke

tell your dad that fishkeeping should be the least of his worries

you could be into all sorts of stuff a lot worse

have a man to man chat Dads aren't all bad maybe you can have one tank with fish ??

FJ

Guest Kamfa

my dad is the household ecuivilant of hitler... everything has to be how he wants..

he wouldnt let me go tropicals in a 3ft i had to get 4 marbled fenestratus because they matched the furniture...

everything has to match.. i somhow need to sort it out..

the sooner i can move house (house for sale) then i am allowed to get my new tank but untill then i cant keep big cichlids....

thanks guys

Honest its such a drag to get the parents to the point that they have grown up and

see the light.Please be patient and you will get there.They usually have absolutely no

idea what they are talking about until you are into your 20s lol

Seriously I know it is hard on you.All the best

Herb

unfortunatly ya just have to cop what he says , unless you can strike a deal with him , but you dont have alot to bargain with .

whilst under MY roof my sprogs have to deal with my word as if it the word of god ! no matter what their age

one day when your a old fart like me and have kids you will look back and understand your EXACTLY the same as you old boy

one solution is to work out your total power consumption and pay that amount plus a small amount as rental on the space you use

I'm with procull on this offer to pay him some cash so you can keep them at no cost to him,

If he says no, well I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.

As for having fish match the furniture...... Lol that's gold,

Does he get upset if you wear a shirt that contrasts his couch lol

Cav

Guest Kamfa

i cam to an agreement with him...

i am to rid of all of my smaller americans that are no bigger than 6cm and keep the devil... (why he says to keep the orange fish in a brown room i do not know...)

but anyway i am back into keeping Cichlid (non plural) and set up my giant fighter planted tank/..

thanks guys