028NVD

breeding convicts or cherry shrimp in bulk for feeders

hi guys and girls, so i now have my spare 4ft set up as a breeder tank with a small external and a sponge filter, i want to start breeding some feeders as i have a lot of fish in my 3ft and they're eating me out of house and home, i know every 1 says convicts or cherry shrimp. which would breed more though? my plan is to mainly feed live and supplement with pellet and wafers :) i'll also be looking for breeders of either type so if you read this and have some for sale around my area let me know :). thanks again

feeding live is more expensive than feeding pellets

Depends really... My barramundi gets Hikari Massivore pellets, which run about $60 per packet and he'll easily eat 10 in a sitting if I let him

I feed 2-3 times weekly on convicts, which are kept in a tank outside with an airstone. (No heater, no lighting, no filter = cheap to run)

They breed a fair bit and cost me almost nothing.

Depends really... My barramundi gets Hikari Massivore pellets, which run about $60 per packet and he'll easily eat 10 in a sitting if I let him

I feed 2-3 times weekly on convicts, which are kept in a tank outside with an airstone. (No heater, no lighting, no filter = cheap to run)

is that for a kilo? if not your getting ripped off bad i buy mine per kilo for 87.95 at redlands

Brasiliensis are what u need mate, get a nice size pair and u will have feeders up to ur eyeballs in no time. They breed near as easily as convicts but have bigger spawns. My serpaes, widows and gourami and chowing down on some as we speak.

You don't need to heat convicts?