zoniix

wtb female festae

Hey everyone,

just trying to find a female festae any size would be awesome. Also I have another festae about 11cm that I can't tell the sex of,I've Google and looked but still can't pick it, I can't upload photos, so any tips on this would be awesome and very appreciated!!!

That explains the aggression starting to kick in with it was hoping for a female ha ha, looks like another trip to exotics at rocklea or even smith are in order, desperately want a female!!(fish that is)

Thanks again guys

On the subject of females.............

I know the males are bigger than the females (eventually) but all my females grew at twice the pace of the males. I currently have 3 (what I'm sure are males) but can't sex 'em for sure because they are half the size of the females, although purchased at the same size, and not yet showing colour. Anyone else find females grow quicker and then the males overtake 'em later?

I've got 3smaller ones I bought that are in my growout tank, 2are about 6-7cms the other is about 5, heaps smaller, darker red colour covering the body and is more aggressive opposed to the other 2 which are kinda gold colour, they were roughly the same size first up when I got them, what size will the black if any show up on the dorsal fin to tell them apart? The 2have grown way quicker then other one.

On the subject of females.............

I know the males are bigger than the females (eventually) but all my females grew at twice the pace of the males. I currently have 3 (what I'm sure are males) but can't sex 'em for sure because they are half the size of the females, although purchased at the same size, and not yet showing colour. Anyone else find females grow quicker and then the males overtake 'em later?

yes i had 6 a grow i thought larger ones were male and it wasn't true i can be frustraiting and i only have 1cm fry at the moment