White spot mate.

The two you gave me had white spot, luckily I've managed to nurse them back to good health and they are pulling through ok.

Check your water parameters mate - get a test kit and give us the answers to what liljohn has posted.

ok fair enough .... they were in a 5x2x2 every thing in the tank is fine water is perfect minimal plants bannana lillys java moss amazon swords kept with one barramundi smaller then them and a gold spot pleco i had recently put some feeders in perhaps they were carring something??? but like i said they were covered in a transparent slime this morning then slowly but surely they died .....they were feed pellets blood worm and feeders from time to time .

blood worm is no good for pbass, especially at small sizes.

What do you mean water is perfect? what are your parameters? namely ammonia and nitrite. What temp is the tank at? how long has the tank been setup?

The feeders could have been carrying something but its hard to say

Its all good mate, Pbass are tough to raise... you're not the first person to have mass losses for seemingly no reason.

You're best bet is gonna be to get a test kit and start keeping close attention to your parameters. They generally prefer slightly higher temps as well 28+ degrees so if you've had fluctuating temps in this cold weather it could have been enough to lower their immune systems.