danooki

DIY all in one filter

A friend off mine has a similar design set his outer the water flows in a whirlpool pulling all the crap to the bottom center like when you where a kid in a pool lol works very well it's just at matter of opening a tap to remove all the waste from your sump/ bio filter

I have a very similar one on my system!! More so like your friends, a combination of a swirl filter and i use kaldness and gravel as a static media, I use it mainly as a pre sump/biofilter solids remover!

Works a treat and removes 80% of all the poo poo before it goes into sump, not bad for something so easy to make

Thanks for the plug mate!

I suppose these can be made in many different varieties.

@ danooki - Do you want me to build you one. Happy to put it together as long as you cover the material costs. I would really like to build one and do a video of the construction and the costs.

Let me know mate.

cheers

Paul

Thanks for the plug mate!

I suppose these can be made in many different varieties.

@ danooki - Do you want me to build you one. Happy to put it together as long as you cover the material costs. I would really like to build one and do a video of the construction and the costs.

Let me know mate.

cheers

Paul

I know that this is an old thread but was wondering if the above offer was still on the table as I would be keen to see how one is built