kasman

Herichthys Carpintis Display

Hey guys

Just posting a few pics of my carpintis tank. Big thanks to Craig (nugget2107) for the awesome mangrove root.

This fella is on his own atm, a big friendly pet - the kids love him.

Will get a girlfriend for him in the future for sure.

Photos taken with my 350D and kit lens w/ no editing

attachment.php?attachmentid=12618&stc=1&d=1313310809

attachment.php?attachmentid=12619&stc=1&d=1313310818

attachment.php?attachmentid=12620&stc=1&d=1313310825

attachment.php?attachmentid=12621&stc=1&d=1313310833

Looks superb mate, great scaping and gorgeous fish.

My 2c though - move the anubias behind the larger log (exactly the same spot just move back 6inches to hide the driftwood that the anubias is attached too because it stands out and attracts away from the larger root.

And i think a black background would look alot nicer also, would make the texas' colour pop alot more :) other than that great work.

Looks superb mate, great scaping and gorgeous fish.

My 2c though - move the anubias behind the larger log (exactly the same spot just move back 6inches to hide the driftwood that the anubias is attached too because it stands out and attracts away from the larger root.

And i think a black background would look alot nicer also, would make the texas' colour pop alot more :) other than that great work.

Thanks, and I agree with the advice totally.

Tank was a freebie from the guy down the road (thanks neighbour!) and came with blue contact on the back, so next time its empty i might have some energy to change it - it did look good with my Saulosi in it though :).

Tried to get anubias behind that branch but wouldnt fit without taking branch out and chopping it here and there. Old mate Tex has only been in the tank not even a week so didnt want to disturb him again.

Good advice though, it was my thoughts exactly :)