kasman

Carpinti x blood parrot?

Guys,

I have a nice male carpinti (green texas) on his own atm.

I have seen some threads about crossing these with blood parrots to eventually create a "red texas".

Just wondering if this is a good hybrid to have a crack at?? and if the 1st gen fry are actually a nice fish??

Breeding this guy with another female carpinti just doesnt excite me a great deal atm.

its not that easy lol i wish

i have 1st gen and 2nd gen (red texas) to get a true 100% red tex will take years

im crossing a 1st gen (red ) with a 2nd gen (green but is out of a red tex cross red tex ) to get sum good females and then cross them back to a super green texas to get the body shape spot on (the super green is the dad of the 1st gen red tex)

then i will cross these fry with the 2nd gen and hope i have a super RED texas but im looking at 3 - 4 years b4 this (ive been playing with them for 18 mths now and have a few (6 ) nice fish but still waiting for a killer red texas to come MOST will be kulled by 6-7cm as i dont want to flood the market with shit ..

i have breed SGT with red snooks ,SGT with blood parrots , red terrers ,AND KING KONG PARROTS AND STILL HOPING FOR SUM KILLER FRY

ta guys, answered some questions I had.

sounds like alot of work! and time.....

well my boys a normal carpinti - green but not so super :)

I do have some escondido growing up though.

Might think about it again when they get some size.

Is the king kong parrot a hybrid?

Yeah King Kong Parrot or "KKP" is a hybrid, Im guessing it is either a cross between a Red mammon and a Blood parrot or possibly a Mammon cross something else, might have to do a bit of internet searching to find out, Im not entirely sure how much info is out there on the True origins of KKP

what do the SGT x snooks look like? sounds awesome!

not that nice realy lol was trying for colour realy only have a hand full left been useing them as feeders

True origins of KKP if you find out let me know as well

i was told that red devil x sym and a Blood parrot = kkp but dont know

Edited by fernando

It wouldn't supprise me if some aussie stock of KKp have Devil x sym in them, I was chatting to a thai bloke who was doing some work for Kedron Aquarium and pet world, he told me in Thailand They cross a red mammon with something else to get KKP, I carn't quite remember...But then again who really knows, Plus some of what people are trying to knock off as KKP's in Aus is ridiculous