tangles

My new planted tank

Ok i am replacing my old 3x15x18 with a 3x15x24.Been running for a couple of weeks now and transfered plants a week ago.It is a bit sparce atm and the crypts really didn,t like the move and and suffering major melt.Will prob piss the anubius off once i get some more plants.Lighting is 3 3ft t5s[wow so much brighter than t8s].3mm coffs gravel with laterite in bottom third.Saving for co2.Iam getting 1 of those plant packs off jeff.And want to get more aponogetons.Am also waiting for some goldvine to soak so should be adding in a few days.

Have to put a black background on aswell.

Bare tankfish018.jpg

Tank todayfish029.jpg

Will update as i add stuff.I am really bad at aquascaping so input would be appreciated

Cheers Leigh

I went with the coffs because someone told me the black gravel kept your ph high.In the last tank i used rain water had co2 going and the ph was still low 7s.It was the only senario i could come up with.The plants in front of the rock wall are dwarf pongol.Need more plants though way to bare and algae is going to take hold if i don,t pull me finger out.

Ok gold vine has finally decided to sink so added it.And recieved my plant pack from jeff at liverpool creek wow highly recommend this guy top notch plants and turbo delivery.I will def be using him again.The fish are loving the extra cover the wood gives them and the whiptails are all over it.Got rid of the anubius as it didnt suit the look i wanted and also added diy co2 till i can afford gas one.See how things look in a couple of weeks.fish030.jpgfish031.jpg

Cheers Leigh

Yes tk_10 its the first one he had for auction.And thanks for the kind words from everyone.I would have to agree with you discus noob jeffs plants are awesome i paid him on tue and the plants where on my door wed.Cant ask for better service than that.Will put up some more shots in a few days.

Cheers leigh

Hi Leigh,

great job! I noticed the older green leaves " Ozelot Swordplant" are starting to 'melt' .. it's showing some brown spots..

Please trim that off as it will not survive and will pollute your tank, but the "new/centre" leaves are looking great! leave that alone.

cheers

Jeff

PS ..Thanks for the great feedback guys :)))

Welcome to the jungle.Couple more plants added.Two more crispus and a stem of poly(something) out of my shrimp tank.Have to trim the hm weekly and gave the hygro a brutel trim 2 days ago.Also got my first appistos and a new little girl ram for my big boy to play with.

fish046.jpg

Little pups

fish044.jpg

Cpispus Flower

fish045.jpg

Crypts are now going strong

fish049.jpg