Pet_City

Pet City - Mt.Gravatt - New Sponsor

Hi! I feel silly, as I'm sure Pet City - Mt.Gravatt doesn't really need an introduction as we've been around for over 50 years now! However, I'd like to take the opportunity to introduce you to the "new" Pet City.

My name is Kelly and I am the Aquarium Manager. I'm the "crazy Yank" turning things upside down and hoping (quite passionately) to make Pet City - Mt.Gravatt THE destination aquarium in Brisbane. (We've got so many good shops around its quite the challenge! :) ) Most of you are familiar with the shop, and recently we have undergone not only a physical renovation of the aquarium section, but also a change in the team. I've hired marine biologists with experience in our trade for our expanding marine section and have boosted species specific training with all of the staff. We want to answer and help all enthusiasts!

We've not only expanded the marine section, we're also trying to stock those "rare and hard to find" aquarium ornamentals - checking every nook and cranny to bring you the coolest species. We've expanded club discounting - and are happy to match all advertised pricing, even those sale specials the big box shops love to throw around.

As for me, I've been in the industry for over 17 years now, in both America and Australia. Marine is my specialty and my freshwater passion is killifish and corydoras. I'm also in love with discus, apistos and native betta - fast taking up a lot of space in the shop. Coming soon are fancy A-grade goldfish - because I really feel like I want to give them a smushy goldfish hug.

Not much of an introduction - but Pet City - Mt.Gravatt is very happy to be part of the QLDAF. Nice to meet you all!

Welcome! I have to admit, previously I didn't frequent the store much, but since the refurb I've been slowly turning up unplanned much more often. i.e. 3 times this week lol.

Store is superb to browse and always has brilliant stock. It's one of the few stores that over hearing staff members speaking to noob fish keepers I DON'T cringe at what's being said. Service and advice is top notch.

My favourite store hands down. the little silver i got from there is over 1ft now and is growing faster than I can blink.

Great to be able to trust a source for exotics when it is such an investment.

Always great stock in the store and love going there just to browse.

Great to see you joining the forum, Kelly. Your staff are always helpful and courteous. Nice to see some of the rarer L

numbers in your store, as well as some interesting Wild caught species. A great Aquarium shop!

Cheers,

Shaun

Sarah - They were so cute when they came in scarcely 4" long! Then the next thing you know you have a giant dragon on your hands. I'm happy to hear that yours is doing so well!

I love them so much! I will have a cherry for the shop...Someday :D

Have dealt with Kelly in the past many times and has always been great to deal with and would not have a bad word to say about any of the staff - all very helpful and hands on. Great to see Pet City as a sponsor and one of my favorite places to visit. Well worth becoming a member there too. Support the ones that support the site.

Pet City is the CC's of Pet Stores you just can not visit the once - you will return.

Keep up the good work Kelly and the crew...

See ya's soon.

Thanks for the great feedback everyone! Thanks steveandjules for mentioning the reptile and bird section, we (the aquarium dept) aren't the only section to work hard and love what we do!

my pleasure, i've just got out of reptiles, well almost, just keeping fish for now,

and liza is a real animal lover, she has a few of my snakey babys, she knows her reptiles and birds,

Sarah - They were so cute when they came in scarcely 4" long! Then the next thing you know you have a giant dragon on your hands. I'm happy to hear that yours is doing so well!

I love them so much! I will have a cherry for the shop...Someday :D

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

He's even bigger now! Loving his psycho eating habits. Can't feed him without getting water EVERYWHERE! haha.

A chilli would be fantastic, any mature asian aro is impressive really. I need to get some bichirs from your store too eventually! Too many awesome exotics :D

I have spent lots on Pet city, definately a good store and know Donny well there. Welcome aboard

PS: Are there any discount for QLDAF members?

Yes, if QLDAF members chat with me or Donny or Grant, you get 10% on livestock. If you are a club member, you get a full 20%. You just need to let us know your username and email for the discount line on the tills :)

Dry goods is TBA, watch this space!

I went to Pet City for the first time yesterday. Wasn't buying, just stopping in. But one of the NICEST aquariums i have ever been too. The tanks all look fantastic and clean, Big range of fish, including a few I rarely/haven't seen before, all in great condition, WICKED marine range too. Some really cool lizards aswell. Will most certainly be going back soon with my wallet.

Just gotta watch out for that crazy guy that works there :P

Always a pleasure being served by Donny and Aggie.

They really know their stuff across the entire spectrum and their level of enthusiasm is always super high.

Would never buy dry goods there though, except in an emergency, because they're way too expensive and object to paying such a huge price for membership with LPS's give it away for free or a trifling $5pa.