In my limited experience with Altolamprologus.... I had a group of 6 dwarf sumbu comps and I'm down to 3 now

I found that sometimes there would be fights resulting in the death of one over time

Even though the fish are like 4cm in a 3ft tank

However the ones remaining seem to get along with each other

But yeah usually, everything seems fine and then the next minute one is dead

I think they just get aggressive at times and kill each other off until there is a pair/trio left

In my limited experience with Altolamprologus.... I had a group of 6 dwarf sumbu comps and I'm down to 3 now

I found that sometimes there would be fights resulting in the death of one over time

Even though the fish are like 4cm in a 3ft tank

However the ones remaining seem to get along with each other

But yeah usually, everything seems fine and then the next minute one is dead

I think they just get aggressive at times and kill each other off until there is a pair/trio left

Cheers Shon!

Please please buy a test kit - even if you just bought pH and a nitrate, you still be a little ahead of the game. We sell a complete kit (high and low range pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate) for $39.95 - I think Redlands had them a little while ago for even less than that. You'll prevent so many problems in the long run and prevent further losses. Your fish will thank you!

That and when you ask people for help, the first thing they will ask is what the parameters are. For example I would NEVER suggest a medication without knowing what your tank is running at!

If it's bugging ya and your gonna lose sleep over it, do a partial water change and give aquariums alive a call first thing in the morning. They might be able to test your water for you and see if anything is actually wrong with your water.

Id put money on it being a random death, seeing as the others fine.

Don't fret get some sleep

pm replied

just a random question here, if someone blew into a bag with the fish in water to inflate the bag, could this damage or make the fish ill, then would die days later?

Thats kinda weird, but it shouldn't kill your fish. Just means that you have less travel time with the fish in the bag than you would have had with an oxygen inflate. I've had noob staff in an old shop try to do it, we just smack em on the back of the head and teach them ninja grab.

It's not hard i didn't even pay attention to the shop attendant and i can do it. YouTube it lol. Key is to not over fill the bag. And yes blowing into the bag shortens trip time as your blowing carbon dioxide into the bag, but i seriously doubt that's yor problem unless u had him I'n there for 5/6+hrs.

Edited by Bogan8r