martib

what fish to breed

hey all im in the process of setting up my fishroom consisting of 12, 3x18x12 tanks on one stand and another sump system consisting of 20 2fters,i have 6 tanks (on the 12 tank rack)that im going to put some tangs into,comps and some small shelldwellers.and the other 6 tanks i would like to put some other fish into to try and breed to TRY and get some money back to pay for my hobbie.

in time i would eventualy like to ship my fish,so with that in mind what is a good couple of fish that i can get going to make ends meet,i would like to breed some smaller types of africans or something similar.

forgot to mention i also have 4, 3x2x2 tanks that im going to use as growout tanks.

so what are your thoughts

cheers marty

I thend to find that people who are more willing to pay money are into discus or flowerhorns, if you get good bloodlines it will fuel itself, and can fetch you a fair dollar to!

Guppys its all about guppys.

Oh and the rare common bristle nose.

But yeah as others said. Breed what you like to keep and would like to see breed.

Or what fish you would like to see in the hobby more. Find some breed them, sell them.

Don't flood the market tho.

Stingrays are where the money is now.

But you may need a big massive tank

as iv said in another thread similar to dis one ..u breed wat fish u like not wat u think or others think is gonna make u money ..it neva dose if u include all cost ..enjoy fish ...its just an enjoyable hobbie

I agree, so breed what you have and like.

everybody has to breed bn, :), even though they are worth only a couple $$ its just great to check your tank and see the fry all over dads log, and its good to have tank cleaners on hand, specially if your going to have a few tanks,

but yep, firstly bred what you like first, then set up a couple tanks to pay for food, and always make sure you have plenty of grow out tanks, because it doesn't matter how much you breed, if you can't get the fry to grow you will never have anything to sell, :)

I think you should always try to breed the sort of fish you care about, so it never becomes a chore. Of course the other thing to take into account is your water conditions. It is much easier to breed the sort of fish that like your existing water, so you don't have to muck around with water chemistry.