phwoah

problem with GT's

i have had a male and a female GT for about a week now and after the guy at the lfs telling me they wouldnt mate with 4 convicts in the tank i have just found a shit load of eggs on the back of a bit of driftwood, which explains why they have been so aggresive today.

my question is how can i stop them mating again without getting rid of one

i dont want them to breed cause i live in tassie and have been told its illegal to sell any sort of tropical fish down here and if you cant sell them i dont see the point in having so many GT's

and craigo got a deal at the lfs on male and female together and was assured they wouldnt mate with the convicts in there

i am only new to the fish keeping scene and like everyone learn from mistakes and guess i have learnt my first lesson lol

i tried to put a 10cm bristlenose in to clean the tank with my green terrors and they smashed him with in two minutes dead. i think my male is around 16-20cm never really measured him. and my female is around 12-14cm dont know for sure never measured her either but once they mature and start breeding they never stop. i get a batch every three weeks at least

DSCF1432.jpg

The shop will take the fry that survive. You can swap them for store credit and build it up to get somnething you need.

Also I woiuld have thought that being in Tassie a tropical fish wouldn't last 5mins in that cold water even if it escaped.

I would be checking those rules.

If you can sell the fish they would be worth a bit.