rennie_08

finally up and going! new 6x2x2 with custom built hood, stand and sump!

Hey guys, finaly have got the pictures worked out on my computer and have my new tank up and running, still have a few minor adjustments on my sump.

It has been a long project in making the hood, stand and sump. It all started when i went into my LFS and purchased a 4 cm bass and put him in my 4ft tank, threw in a heater and started feeding him. He is now 18 cms and going well with another 12cm barramundi. I started looking for a bigger tank for the pair and ended up buying a 6x2x2, the guy from my LFS said it was going to take 3 weeks to build the tank as he had a few little tanks to build and would have to let mine cure for a while after making it, after drivinga round all day getting prices and looking at the way tanks were built i was convinced to buy one from warners bay aquarium. Was a bit pricey but was well worth it in the end.

I took the measurements of the display tank home, called into hudsons (hardware shop) and purchased some timber, plywood and MDF so i could start building my stand that afternoon (way too excited by this stage).

I got home and started to cut out the frame for my stand, thinking i would have it done in a week, well..... as i am a carpenter and work 6 days a week things went a little down hill from there lol.

Anyway was a long on going project but i stuck through it and got it done!! i am hoping to put some pics up please have a look and any comments are much appreciated!! always looking of bettering my ideas, so dont hesitate

Thanks guys

Chris

IMG_0353.jpg[/img]

Frame built.

IMG_0354.jpg[/img]

2 coats of undercoat and then waterproofing.

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

Doors hung.