Bogan8r

What goes with Apistos and plants

Agree with CAV.

Something uber cool would be to get some gold or ruby tetras...ahh!!! Or some quality pencilfish and corydoras or a mixture of all! I always try use tetras, pencilfish and corydoras in every single tank I own. My preference would be dont go any more than say two types of tetras, one type of pencilfish and one or two types of corydoras. Large schools and your laughing :)

Hey CAV do you have your coral reds in with any melaleuca out of curiosity?

Hey CAV do you have your coral reds in with any melaleuca out of curiosity?

sure do,

I've got melaleuca Or gold vine in all my tanks I think (I have one tank with some haps which doesn't have dw in it).

Sounds like we have similar tastes in tank stockings

I try to put tetras and corys in most my tanks, tetras are great for calming skittish fish (geos especially I've found are less skittish with a school of tetras in with them), and corys.... Well they are just cool and probably the best clean up crew you could have.

Yeah, seems our taste in all sorts of fish are very similar haha! I agree pencilfish and tetras make great dither fish.

I have heard there are MAJOR issues with melaleuca and coral red pencilfish and also purple pencilfish (come from same family I believe). Japes or Ryan had lost every coral red he had in his tank and he could put it down to melaleuca. After googling I found that tea tree oil is lethal for coral reds so was curious as to how long urse have been in there for and to what concentrate of melaleuca branches in your tank.

I wonder how long the melaleuca would leach out of the wood for before it has no affect on the water as the major issue with the melaleuca is the leaching of the tea trea oil (which is the problem with coral red and purple pencilfish).

PS SORRY bogan8r for hijacking your thread. STICK WITH TETRAS, PENCILFISH AND CORYDORAS! :) OH AND OTTOS and some shrimp just for the fun of it :) SO START SEARCHING ;) I can help you out with a spot to collect ghost shrimp :)

Why not something like Sterbai, Melini, Arcuatus, Aeneus, julii, trilineatus, habrosus, hastatus, pygmaeus, adolfoi.... Thats a start. If you go corys I would suggest a school of at least 7 or 8...

Chris why not today? Hahaha I am kinda keen now, sitting at home bored as hell....melaleuca and shrimp...and river rocks...mmmmmm then we can plant your tank...you know you wanna ;)

There's only one piece in their tank that has been used for the last 2 odd yrs, (the pencilfish have been in the tank for the last yr or so and I can't say I've noticed any issues with them,

The bit of melaleuca has been well soaked and doesn't leach any tannins or oils so maybe it'll be ok,

I guess I'll just have to watch them and if any start dying out it comes.

Thanks for that

CAV

Sorry bout hijacking ur thread bogan8r

What about caudimacalatus?

There pretty too!