jabmel

What Are Hybrid Fish - can we list

Hi all, I understand this is a sore point with breeders, but can it be defined what are the common and knowm hydrids, I see there is much conjecture relating to some fish,

ie some discus, angels, guppies etc are not the same as found in nature they have been breed to inhance colours,

so I ask, what makes the fish a hybrid, what are the rules, what is on the list and why are some not

BIG NOTE, I am not looking to discuss Hybrid fish, ei making how too, just what makes it a hybrid, whats already a know type and whats on / off the list

Ben

Edited by jabmel

You can discuss this is the separate hybrid section, that's why it was setup, the discussion is not banned, its just restricted to that section, we don't think people new to the hobby should be considering or keeping hybrids, they are basically mutants IMO.

thanks Grum. looking to list what is a hybrid, do not wish to go over to the new section, but looking for a published list and why what some people consider hybrid are not on the list, ie some discus, angles, guppies, BN etc