so i was looking at a mid sized one of my fish the other day and noticed he'd been touched up by red devil a bit and got a decent bite on the side of him.. than the next day i looked at him it seems his eyes are pertruding a bit.. and than today i looked at him again and yeah looks like he has got/getting pop eye as they are sticking out quite a lot now..

no other fish in the tank has this problem.. so would it just be caused by stress/injury thing? what would any of you helpful people recommend i do??

i have removed the angry red devil to avoid any more attacks also... so what else?

cheers for any help now!!

Edited by radley86

I think unless the eye got sucked out it is an internal infection like hith and you probably need to do lots of water changes and add salt and sterezin or some other form of meds preferably metro if you could get hold of some. Keeping the fish separate from others is a good idea so as not to spread infection. HTH

Edited by Matmatmat

cheers for tips.. managed to get hold of some sterezin... this stuff won't stain my gravel or anything if i put directly in tank? i'll seperate him into small tank too.. i always put 1 level t/spoon salt to 10L water when i filled it up, and/or do water changes.. should i add even more salt again??