mickyd

Cherry shrimp???

they are pretty easy to breed, using a air driven sponge filter will stop shrimplets from getting sucked up into your filter. Keep them in cold water, they seem to prefer it over warm water.

And no tankmates! shrimplets are very small when they hatch and can and will be eaten by most fish. each girl should breed once every few weeks - you can tell if a girl is ready to breed when she has a saddle (google image it)

GL

Michael

Oh and if you get bitten by the shrimp bug I've usually got a few crs spare ;)

Edited by frinkie

just wondering why you are having a tank just for them? is it for breeding and money or just because you like them and want to keep them?

Guppies do eat the shrimplets but if there is sufficent hiding places they will still breed significantly.

lol yeah they are in a small 2 1/2 ft tank thats been blacked out. I will be breeding them for food for my fish mainly my L333's and probably trade some for a couple of fish here and there or some money not really fussed , would not mind having a few floating around my tanks just for some added cleaners...(when there a bit bigger) and i have done the same thing with finding a couple with eggs lol its not cheap its smart!!! by one get a whole bunch free!!! i think they would be less stressed and more inclined to breed more if they are by themselves ...