i thought that might be the case. i was told that they could go with electric yellows while they were still young but after watching them for a few minutes i thought otherwise. are they ok as a pair or should i get some more. my other half saw them in the shop and wanted them so i didn't get a chance to find out too much about them. i have a male and female in a tank on their own atm.

I have Red Forest jewels, Convict and My Green Terror together and all seems good. They have a chase of eachother every now and they but one one gets attacked.

The only thing I see with them is that they are absolute pigs when it's feed time. They eat almost everything and they end up so round. They others are learning to get n quick now :)

Jenny

i have a ~9cm red forest jewel in my community tank with rivulatus, convicts, dempseys, salvini, brasiliensis, blue acara, silver sharks & some bristlenoses. no real problems... all the cichlids chase each other at times.. but since my big dempsey died nothing has copped any serious damage.

it's funny coz the jewel likes to chase the rivulatus... which is twice the jewels size... but the jewel gets chased by the salvini which is smaller than it :P