ok had a case of white spot the other week and did the norm upped the temp to 30 turned light out and after a few days gone now a week or so later and its back temps still at 30 i haddnt dropped it so again light out few days later no better so i treated with science white spot treatment and 5 days later still there it look to only be on the clown loachs but i had seen a spot or 2 on a discus they seem ok and to be doing there normal thing but im now lost what to do any ideas ?

whitespot is generally there for a reason. Yes temp/lights/salt will cure it (usually) but you need to fix the underlying issue.

We need ALL PARAMETERS before we can help you

Tank size:

Stocking:

Filtration:

How long tank running?

Water change schedule:

Ammonia:

Nitrate:

Nitrite:

about to retest tanks 1000 litres runs a 4 foot sump filter with matrix and bio cubes stocking is manly tropicals and is medium stocked tanks been running 9 months at least and i normaly do 50%-60% water change every 2 weeks

ok test done so far Ammonia around .5-1 ppm ph is killing me its around 6 im not sure what it is with this tank but it aways drops ph fast my other tank is 7.2-7.6 and thats what its coming out of the tap at as well

quick protozin!

dditt is correct in that prevention is much better than cure - but in the mean time i'd roll with protozin, worth its weight in gold (as are myxazin and sterazin). I'm not sure if any shops on the south side sell it but I know atlas aquarium does.

GL

Michael

ill look into it thanks but appart from low ph im not seeing anything wrong with the readings so not sure where to start any ideas why the ph would drop in this tank ? what things can cause it ?

Your main problem is your bacteria is dying off because of the lower PH.

The bacteria count is now not high enough to filter your water properly hence the ammonia readings so raise your PH up to around 7.0 with ph up or bi-carb soda.

This is probably the reason your fish are continuing to get white spot,a combination of crashing ph and ammonia is stressing them out.

The most important thing to a fish is a stable ph so to stop that you need to add calcium to your tank or sump like coral rubble,calcium carbonate,ect.

It will take 2 weeks at 28-30 degree temp to complete the white spot cycle but until you fix the ph you are fighting a losing battle.

Ickaway is personally think is one of the best whitespot treatments.