Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bray_Dog

FS: 6x2x2 Display tank with 3D rock background

someone has given you some poor advice.

Hydrocrete is still only water resistant, not waterproof.

Should have been advised to use PondTite, it's the only product from bondall that is waterproof.

I'm reading the label now, it clearly says WATER PROOFING ADDITIVE. I'll upload a photo if necessary. Also, as mentioned, I've had it running for well over 18 months with frogs and bristlenose living in the exact same water that makes direct contact with the background. Do you not have anything better to do with your time?

Also, pondtite is a cover where as hydrocrete is an additive to the render mix. Waterproofing it and stopping the leaching of any chemical from the render. Not to mention, the whole background was soaked for months before actually being used with any animals. Did my research, not to mention countless tests with different products, that's why, as I've mentioned, it took a while to make.

boncrete and hydrocrete are much the same thing

Bondall Hydrocrete is a water-resistant bonding and sealing agent.

Features & Benefits:

• Water resistant

• Perfect for wet areas and exterior applications

• Ideal admixture for cement

• Contains a styrene-butadiene latex to provide excellent adhesion

Bondall Hydrocrete

I have plenty of better things to do, advising of something I know is not right is one of them and is what I am doing here, so I guess this is a better thing to do.

I am not shitting on your thread.

Its not your fault you were mis-advised.

You have a problem, but there is a solution.

Anyone can still put a waterproofing membrane like PondTite Clear or similar over the background, and have an awesome looking tank like the one you have created.

Just some friendly advice is all, take it or leave it.

Goodluck with the sale.

You actually bothered to quote from their website, good job. There is no problem to solve..? As I have said twice now, this being the third, IT IS FULLY SEALED AND SAFE FOR ANIMALS - including fish and amphibians. Heres another forum member who has done the same thing and used the same mix (this including hydrocrete) and has the tank set up happily with fish. Your unnecessary "advice" is unwanted let alone unneeded. The background needs no further sealing.

I'm going to have to agree with "bray-dog" on this matter, as ash, your point is completely irrelevant as the op has had frogs and bristle nose living in there with no problems, But I guess everyone in the aquarium industry has their personal opinion yours is yours and mine is mine, an opinion cannot be wrong but even then, an opinion isn't always right.

Actually ash, I reposted because people didn't need to read your irrelevant bullsh*t. The FACT is I've had frogs and bristlenose living unharmed in the tank for well over 18 months. Thanks beaker for backing me up, it simply comes down to the fact that it works and looks good, your just jealous or something... I'll post photos when I get home of the multiple set ups I've had in this tank, as well as a photo of the label of the SEALING AND WATERPROOFING agent :) cheers

It's not irrelevant you twat.

Look up the definition of re-emulsify, that's why it's not recommended to be used in areas where it's needed to be waterproof, yeah ya render is gonna stay nice and hard but once the sealant re-Emulsifys over time, the render will leach into the water. If you cared to research the actual product you would know this but instead you chose to listen to some incompetent sales person at Bunnings.

Does a Tiler use this in there glue or grout mix? Yes they do BUT they also have to use a membrane underneath as the shit isn't WATERPROOF.

I couldn't give a toss if you kept fish in it or not I don't care, nor am I jealous, if you care to read back I actually paid you a complement on your work.

Trofius did your husband find the cute lil kitty cat picture for you?

this is an all ages forum that does not tollerate language such as that.

also i may add, did you also research that we may not care :D

and to another point if you do not care nor are jelous then why keep going on? you obviously do care

and i belive that was me who posted the kitty cat, no i dont have a husband.

129104815521501489.jpg

Ash, glad you gave up (Y) Oh yea, a clear, shiny waterproof membrane would look sooooooo natural.

Also, here are some pics of my multiple displays in this tank :) Enjoy

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/bray-dog/IMG_0083.jpg (first set up)

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/bray-dog/IMG_1038.jpg (second)

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/bray-dog/IMG_3252.jpg (third)

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/bray-dog/IMG_3255.jpg (close up of number 3 with Greeny down the bottom left)

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/bray-dog/IMG_0004.jpg (fourth - good water shot - also around when the bristlenose started breeding in the log there)

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/bray-dog/IMG_0822.jpg (Greeny and Ralf over the water waiting for a feed)

ahh you lucky. i never had the patience let alone the money for marine, even finding the supplier of live rock was to hard for me! i reasearched heaps and learned a fair bit of stuff but never really knew if they people at said lfs were telling me what i needed to hear, or what they wanted to tell me. but i think in the next six months i should have a small marine all set up and ready to go, thinking maybee a pico reef in a fluval edge! what type of anemone are you getting? always wanted a bubble but couldnt be nbothered in ym yound years XD

Good work done a nice job of it, I didn't give up lol, potential buyers can do what they like with it but I'd still seal it though, and to keep the natural look is easy, just sprinkle same colored sand or grit into it whilst it still wet :)

Shame you can't keep it after all the effort you put into it...