ash

Bio in a bottle....

All the different brands you know the ones...

Personally I don't use the stuff, but can someone answer me this....

Ive allways womdered, how does live bacteria survive in a sealed bottle on a shop shelf without oxygen ?

:confused:

It wouldnt be the bacteria itself but rather the food etc that encourages the growth of the bacteria.

Stability® is formulated specifically for the aquarium and contains a synergistic blend of aerobic, anaerobic, and facultative bacteria which facilitate the breakdown of waste organics,

Seachem. Stability

To me that reads as though there is bacteria in the bottle.

All I know is synergistic relates to the fact (simplification) that the group of different elements can produce better results than the individual elements working separately..........they "bounce" off each other as opposed to being in conflict ............this from memory.

Although Seachem produce excellent products, for years now, fishkeeping publications/media have been ridiculing the claim that products contain the bacteria when in fact, they only contain "food" for the bacteria

1 seachem customer support email is awesome, use it

2 ever bought brineshrimp eggs or a packet of plant seeds? bacteria are tougher than either

3 I believe in lithopanspermia, which takes for granted the fact bacteria can survive in a bottle for a few years..... or cross a galaxy imbedded in a rock.