Was just wondering is anyone knew what size roughly these guys will breed at. Is it correct the only grow to around 10cm. I have 6 around 5-8cms and just put then in there own tank to try and have some luck. Also if I post pictures any chance you are able to tell the sex? Or how do I tell the sex. Thank you

going by the bible back to nature guide l catfish they grow to 12-13cm they like an 80 cm tank they love eating wood temp 25-29 degrees ph 5.5-7.5 they also like current in the water and they like plant matter and from what i have been told around 8-9cm is a good breeding size

Thanks for reply, i have them in a ar510 aquaone fish tank. It has several bits of driftwood and bits of anibus also some java moss. Should i move them into my 3x1.5x3 foot display tank and get rid on dicus to try and breed them or you think they might be a little small. Any ideas on how to sex these guys aswell? there is little to no current in tank also just running the trickle filter that comes with tank and a bio sponge filter. Doing water changes every 2 days to clean crap off tank. Also tank is bare bottom. Will this be fine you think? thank you

i would keep them in that tank i have mine in 2x2x18 foots. when they get bigger i might transfer them over myself into 3 footers. a bit better filter as they do like a current. bare bottom is fine most of my tanks are bare bottom but i have never bred these l numbers have seen l number breeders with pants down tanks as well lol. prolly a bit too much with water changes prolly every 3-5 days is sufficient and how to sex them i have put a diagram up for you

205dssk.jpg