mthom211

male peacocks in 3 footer

Hi guys, I'm just wondering if I could keep an all male peacock tank in a 90x40x40 tank, if so could I keep the following? not all just a list of ones I like.

dragons blood

maleri gold

white night

rubin red

ngara flametail

This is horrible, I can't remember species I like, its only been like 9 months :( Any recomedations please?

+1 for dff's post, mine is overstocked like a mofo at the moment! 5 venustus, 4 blue dolphins, 4 tangerine peacocks, 2 red forest jewels, 2 electric blues, 2 greshakeis, 2 electric yellows, 5 hongi, 1 silver shark, 6 bns, 1 common plec, 1 goldspot plec, 1 sailfin plec, 3 buenos aires tetras and about 5-6 smaller mixed peacocks from dff! all in a 3x2x2

just watch the nitrates. 10 FX5's wont fix that.

I have a 3fter with 18 small mbuna in it (still growing) . I have to do a 50%+ water change every week to keep nitrates below 20ppm.

Feeding amounts also comes into this though.

So as long as your prepared to do that then go for your life.

You cant beat a malawi display HEAVILY stocked.

Edited by kasman

lol I feed at least once a day, often 2 times a day, sometimes 3 a day.

I try keep nitrates below 40ppm, as they get rather violent if it gets higher.

spectrum food for the win, about an eyeball size of the pellets per fish, so not a big feed each time.

But ya they grow faaaaaaaaaast

i have about 90 fish all about 8cm to 20cm in a 6ft tank. i feed them 2 - 3 times a day and all different types of pellet and flake. i got 2 canister filter that in total pump 3400L an hr. and do a 20% water change ever second week. all kinds of chiclids are in there and they all seem to get along.

i have about 90 fish all about 8cm to 20cm in a 6ft tank. i feed them 2 - 3 times a day and all different types of pellet and flake. i got 2 canister filter that in total pump 3400L an hr. and do a 20% water change ever second week. all kinds of chiclids are in there and they all seem to get along.

Thats alot of fish, getting alot of food, with not alot of new water.

Im not saying its bad at all.

But I'd be interested to hear what kind of nitrate level you have by the end of the fortnight?

Thanks guys, keeping nitrates under control shouldn't be a problem, I'm going to atempt to plant it, I'm going to have to plant like the whole foot print to have an impact and get the tank established before the fish go in.

Any ideas on numbers I should keep?

Wow! I'd be interested to hear what your nitrates are too. If I plant a tank heavily the nitrates get to 40ppm in about 6 months heavily stocked but I doubt many plants would survive with so many fish.

numbers?

well for starters a inch thick layer of duckweed on top

stuff harvests nitrate like its going out of fashion.

Would probably plant out base with a ton of narrow val

I mean thats biotype correct

and if it gets established first and fish grow up with it

it has a chance

otherwise ya typeical anubia and java fern

good advice.

i started off with 40 mbuna juvies in my 3fter, its now cut down to under 20.

everytime I fed them nitrates would go through the roof.

Now i'm feeding them once a day I can keep it between 20-40ppm with a 50% water change once a week.

So as DFF said, how you stock just depends on what your willing to do.

But cuz its a small tank, start out with only a few and increase as you go as it can sometimes be hard to give fish away.