Shanoz

New Shots of MY Tanks!!

Texas (Carpinti - thanks to Kasman) (Male or Female??? - Looks to be female thanks to some info from Bidkev)

IMG_6172.jpg

Female Green Terror

IMG_6134.jpg

Jack Dempsey (Male or Female???)

IMG_6082.jpg

Male Green Terror

IMG_6132.jpg

Edited by Shanoz

Nice pictures mate and healthy looking fish. You've got a mix of texas there. The first pic appears to be escondido (true supergreen). the extra large spots and worming on the face indicate this. The 2nd picture, not true supergreen.......smaller spots and spots on face as opposed to worming.

1st fish male, 2nd fish female..............not 100% as males sometimes have it but the black in the dorsal on the 2nd would indicate likelihood of female............she will lose it later. Also, the first tex has a more concave slope from the head, and the 2nd has a more gradual slope. Also not a 100% indicator but when you put the two together, it's more reliable than one indicator.

Not being snotty but..................if they breed, that'll be yet another false supergreen on the market

kev

Edited by bidkev

Thanks Kev, I do try to keep them as healty as possible by mixing up live food and pellets. As for the Texas's, these fish came from Lee & Rosie (Brizmale28), I really only wanted the SGT (glad you could confirm it as they weren't 100% sure either :D ) off them, but then for the extra 10 bucks they threw in the Female Texas, so I couldn't really pass it up considering they were trying to off load both! As for them breeding I hope it doesn't happen for exactly that reason, I really should try to find the male a nice female to stop this from happening. If they do breed, probably just leave the fry in there for food for that exact reason!!

I thought of DW Kasman, but the only problem is that being a 6'L x 18"W x 2'H tank, the holes in the top where the lids are don't give you much room to fit large pieces without cutting the wood and rejoining them. In my original build up, i was goin to get some from David Tullee and found this Amazing piece that he had but again too big to fit through any of the three holes in the top, even trying to get some nice big Mangrove Root still give's me this problem. So that's when i thought rocks it is, plus i had a great supply of them in my parent back yard as there is 100's and 1000's of them!! ;)

Thanks Donny, I'm gonna order one next week!! :)

Lee & Rosie - Happy Days!!!

Craigo - Girl hey?!?!?! So what makes you say that? I have been doin a bit of research on Google on how to tell, and from what i could find was that they were talking about the pearling under the eye and gill plates usually say it's a girl and a good chance it being a split gene especially with the line of pearls under the eye!! Well fingers crossed, might have to find a nice male to put into the tank then!! Thanks Mate!! Btw Do you know anyone with a nice one?!?!?!?!?!

Relle - Thanks!! ;) ;) ;)

G'day mate,

Yeh, the white sand looks great. I'm happy you're pleased with it. If you know anyone else who some, give us a yell. Your tanks look awesome. Great looking fish and landscaping. Once again, thanks for the pics. Keep in touch.

Cheers Warwick.