Pet_City

Corydoras CW51 New Panda

Black Venezuela i think it is, I'm from Melbourne so I'd need shipping tho so I've or plenty of time to Save.. Any other wild types? I'd also be interested to add to my green lazer colony

Sorry to sound pedantic but I need a scientific name or a C-number. Lots of cory's are black and from venezuela...

My guess is the basic Corydoras cf. aeneus (black) ? But then again as you said there are a few black corydoras from venezuela

Do you ever see any aspidoras on the lists at all? or megametaes or imitators? or cw011 or c019 or c150 or cw049

Edited by discus_noob
added more

Could be this little guy.

This is a black form of C. venezuelanus. The black form appears in a localized area in the Central Llanos, close to the Middle Orinoco. These tributaries are typically slow and very warm. The normal form of C. venezuelanus is found further up the tributaries in the Andes foothills, in cooler water. We are quite sure that it is actually a new species and has not been described scientifically as of today.

C. venezuelanus is restricted to higher altitudes around the Rio Tuy system and Lake Valencia. The black form is only found in the Llanos in drainages of the Orinoco. It is found in warmer waters and does not tolerate cool temperatures like the true C. venezuelanus. When they spawn, the eggs from the "black" fish are smaller and fewer in number.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12949&stc=1&d=1314664420