About a month ago my electric blue jd got a little pimple looking thing on one side of his top fin. Since then it's gotten a tiny bit bigger and now I've noticed one or two small ones on the other side of the top fin. The spots are the same colour as the fin. Just looks like a growth.

He's acting normal as always.

Any ideas/suggestions? Worrying now that I've noticed the other smaller ones :(

pics?

But good old fashioned sea salt is always a good start, other than that maybe some melafix.

I don't see any reason to jump to harsher chemicals atm if hes still acting fine and they don't look to bad - did you ask about it a month ago when you noticed the first lump?

Bit odd looking, but I don't think its anything to be worried about, it looks just like a random growth - which short of getting creative with a razor blade I can't imagine any way to get rid of it, if it was a different colour to the fin it'd be a different story but yeah, looks like like a harmless growth?

But thats just me, someone else might know if it is something to be concerned about or not.

Fingers crossed its just a few random growths :)

Thanks for that :)

Yeah that's what I first thought cause it's the same colour as him. But then I saw the smaller ones on the other side and now I'm worried he might errupt in them or something. Haha.

Anyway thanks for the fast help! if anyone else might know what this is please let me know :)

one of my fronnies had a similar thing on its tail but it was quite small it never got any bigger and it went away but i was treating with salt just in case,the spot was a light red almost pink colour,it happened after a move she went balistic in the net,she is 28 cm so you could imagine she done a bit of harm to her tail,but the spot appeared where her tail fin started to heal and seal back together,could be something different but did your jack damage his fins badly recently,if he did it could be this but strange if its getting more of them,hope he heals for you such a lovely fish.

Ok, thanks, that's interesting cause it did cross my mind that it was something to do with him damaging his fins.. Maybe I will put him in the smaller tank with salt for the weekend and see if it helps.

Should I put him in a 30litre tank and treat with salt? Or just add salt to the four foot tank that he's in?

I haven't had to treat anything like this before. And how much salt should I use in whichever tank?

Thank you :)

dont use it in your 4 foot if you have a lot of plants in it, it will kill them.

i think it is best to use it in the 4ft though just to reduce stress on the fish through moving etc.

for a 4ft tank i would put a small handful in, i have it in all my tanks just to stop ich and other parasites, the fish dont mind.

good luck!