its not a dechlorinator

using it for that purpose will likely = dead fish

use a dechlorinator first

fill tank

let water mix for 10 minutes

then add easy life or geoliquid

both products can actually remove dechlorinator from the water

so give it a chance to do its job BEFORE you add easy life or geoliquid.

sorry deadfishfloating but on the back it says removes chlorine and chloromines, im not saying your wrong but thats what i went off, but i stil use amrtite down aswell. ive had fish for about 6 years now and i have never heard of it until about maybe a month ago when it was stocked at my LFS. :)

it is a declorinator but i have never used it as that , would say DFF is on track though id use something else as a water declorinator ( I'm on tank water so its use is a bit diferent for me ) think its worth at my LFS $30 for a Litre, its been around for years good find , only down side is the cloudy water until it settles , i have only used it with cichlids unsure how it would go with Shrimp as i know some people have had drama's using it with cherries

Is this stuff you bought ?

http://www.easylife.nl/en/freshwater-products/water-treatment/easy-life-fluid-filter-medium-easy-neo/introduction

Edited by whiteknight

it was fairly priced too, pretty happy with it. and i cant find it online anywhere soo not sure where else to go to get it. the tank thats its being used on has been set up for over a year and i always do regular water changes to keep my fish happy. they all seem good since i changed their food to spectrum, all but my gourami :(

uhm whitenight, yes it is that stuff but the bottle seems a little updated that the photo.

my last water tests showed up

PH: 7.0

Ammonia: 0PPM

Nitrite: 0PPM

Nitrate: 1-10 PPM

In my tank i have: 1 angelfish, 1 dwarf gourami, 1 bolivian butterfly ram, 1 gold ram, 2 silver tipped tetras, 2 lemon tetras, 1 glass bloodfin, 1 glass cat, 2 common bristlenose, 1 albino bristlenose, 1 reticulate loach, 1 sucking catfish and a 10cm ghost knife.

i use the pimafix cos my lemon tetras are a tiny bit pinkish, i do use aquarium salt everytime i change the water. but i think i might get hold of some prime, never used it before but have used stuff like it.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but, Yes......as good as easy-life is at clearing the water etc etc, you have to use a dechlorinator!!

I didn't know this until last night's water change when most of my fish died.

I dose with prime / easy life with every water change, but i have never come across this thread and noticed donny saying that easy life can actually remove the prime from the water before it has done its job ??

Is this accurate ??? Usually with my water changes i'll dose tank for full volume when full with prime, start the tap, dose with easy life as tank fills, when tank is full ill re dose tank for its total volume ?

This is how ive done it for many years now with success but yeah im open to pro's&con's of this technique!!

[MENTION=9246]Donny@ageofaquariums[/MENTION]

I agree with DFF on this one.

its not a dechlorinator

using it for that purpose will likely = dead fish

use a dechlorinator first

fill tank

let water mix for 10 minutes

then add easy life or geoliquid

both products can actually remove dechlorinator from the water

so give it a chance to do its job BEFORE you add easy life or geoliquid.