kasman

Starfire glass aquarium - who has one?

Guys

A tank builder in Bris has the option of having a starfire glass front panel in the tanks they build at an extra cost.

Im considering this instead of getting a bigger tank 2nd hand.

Just wondering what are peoples thoughts on starfire??

Big difference?

and yeah there is a pretty big difference, if i were you i'd go the whole tank starfire glass. if you compare normal glass to starire glass you really need to look at one side by side. At aquarium warehouse on the gold coast they have a normal glass tank and a starfire glass ank setup right next to eachother and the difference is incredible. their brisbane store has 4 x 2 x 2 i think for about 500 starfire glass all round. you should go check it out.

I've never had an "unfinished" tank from there yet (had 17) .....................either some folk are dead unlucky or an urban myth gets fed by this forum. I wonder how many folk actually ask politely, "can you please ensure that all edges are ground"

i never insinuated or named this specific local as a point of origin as per the "unfinished" remark. more a point of reference in regards to the handling of the product in a generic sense. i do have some tanks from said supplier, i do of course also have sand paper,gloves,wrist gaurds bandages and bandaids. any tank manufacturer can "overlook" an edge or 2 when building a tank i guess and i guess my remarks can be taken outta context.......from time to time.

i have definately never lost any claret.......to an "urban myth" .......................

i never insinuated or named this specific local as a point of origin as per the "unfinished" remark. more a point of reference in regards to the handling of the product in a generic sense. i do have some tanks from said supplier, i do of course also have sand paper,gloves,wrist gaurds bandages and bandaids. any tank manufacturer can "overlook" an edge or 2 when building a tank i guess and i guess my remarks can be taken outta context.......from time to time.

i have definately never lost any claret.......to an "urban myth" .......................

BS.... I've seen thier tanks and I would compare them to a tank builder in caboolture. LMFAO

I have one ARU tank that I keep my shrimp in and gee-zus its a nice tank, all silicon is trimmed, all smooth edges the only negative is that the tank is 121cm instead of 120.

But very happy with it - that being said I have heard way to many bad stories from both customers and forum people.

Wish they were offering the starfire glass when I got that built, $40 well spent!

I dont want this thread to get into a discussion about ARU tanks. Theres been threads on that before, with good and bad reviews.

I am wanting to here about people with starfire glass tanks, and hopefully someone can post a pic on here of one they own :)

Even though Im probably going to pay the extra for the starfire front panel Id still like to see an example, and even a side by side with normal glass.

hey, i would defs get a starphire glass front. only thing is, is that the glass has far less irons in it which means the glass is going to scratch way easier then normal glass. but if your craefull then that should be fine. just dont use thos emagnetic cleaners becuase if u get abit of gravel stuck in there ur gonna have a nicely scratched tank =]. i was personally going to get one of those tanks but then i got a tank off here for a great price. but i would defs get one =]

hope this helps =]

I got an 8x2x2 from ARU last week, paid for the front panel in starfire and when it arrived at my house they informed me that they had done the sides in starfire aswell at no extra cost.

And the tank was finnished beautifully, no sharp edges, not a scratch on it and no excess silicon.

Extremely happy with ARU

Matt

HAHA my daughter was helping me spread the substrate around, but was mighty dissapointed when the water and fish went in because she wanted to go swimming...lol

Stocking at this time is;

jag

jag/flowerhorn

pair of jack dempsey

pair of bay snooks

pair of brasiliensis

3 silver dollars

sailfin gibbi

3 featherfins

and a unknown synodontis

but i also have a large Red Devil to go in but im hesitant because at the moment his nuchal hump is the size of a golf ball and developed a hell of a meanstreak literally since setting up the new tank...

IMG_1641-Copy.jpg

oh and a 10cm cuban who is a notorius face-eater...

Matt

Edited by Matt 13