Regy227

Plants aren't growing/surviving Need Help(photos included)

Ok so I set up my 8x2x2 and it has 2 4ft 54watt T5HO above it. This isnt much lighting for my tank so I brought java fern and Anubias.

My java fern seems to be just going black and dying. Although I have noticed all of the new plants that have spawned of them are quite green. Can anyone help me out and tell me what could be the problem. I dont do C02 and run the lights for about 8 hours.

Also I think that they might be getting eaten. Not sure. Check out my signature for the stocking list

Here are some photos of what they look like at the moment. Any help would be appreciated

img0307us.jpg

img0306pu.jpg

Also A picture of my oscar and my Male Green Terror as a thanks for looking/any help

img0255hx.jpg

img0250ggj.jpg

Regy227

sometimes this will happen to plants if they have been in a specific environment eg ph and hardness.. it may take time for the plants to acclimatise. once they do so the will perk up, hence the new plants are doing better. I have discovered this with experimenting with plants. Lighting can also be a factor in this as well...

thats guys, i have 3 or 4 anubias in the tank that arent doing all that well. will have a look for snails but might just move some of the plants into a seperate tank and see if they recover.

I just keep changing things like lighting hours on tank and ferterlizers so ill see how it goes.

try reducing the amount of air being pumped into the tank. not so much that the fish starve for air, but enough that the plants will benefit from the c02 content increasing in the water.... Ive got a 4x15x18 planted tank with bout 10 5cm peps, 10 4-5cm 202s, and 30-40 mixed tetras of all diff sizes..no air has run into that tank since december last year.... I run the lights 10 hrs a day and no ferts at all... ph is what ever it is out of the rain water tank... and the entire bottom of the tank is covered in chain sword, massive amazon swords and beautiful lush bunches of java moss.

I also took java fern out of neutral water and put it in high hardness and ph of a tang tank and it withered a lil but now it looks fine.

If the plants have been in the tank less than a couple months dont sweat it mate, they will come good once they acclimatise.