discus_noob

ChrisG's Dwarf Biotope

Hi guys,

I have been doing a bit of hanging out with ChrisG lately and I finally convinced him to scrap his cray tank in for a biotope.

I said I would scape it for him so we threw something together in less than 10 minutes from empty tank to full with water :)

Here was the outcome for a 10 min job;

IMAG0004.jpg

Things may change if it does not look good once its cleared up and tannin water otherwise it will stay like that.

There needs to be a layer of peat, and also a layer of ketapang leaves on the bottom still.

Thanks,

Adam

Thanks guys. Yep did not take long at all. Basically I was chucking it in and that was it. I knew where everything was to go. Good old melaleuca cannot look bad too haha especially the good stuff.

Wait till you see the 4 x 2 x 2 GEO tank that I started on today to scape by removing the substrate and done a 15 minute job scaping it today outside of the tank waiting for water to clear :)

You ruined ChrisG's biotope thread now :(

What are you doing!!!!! hahahaha

Anyways yes Luke that tank is a fricken mess. What did you do to it!!! Just joking. Bloody tight ass with the substrate :P

Anyways thanks guys :) It was mainly orientated around two things:

1. Making sure the fish were extremely happy and active and brought out the best in the fish and also a possibility to breed

2. Making sure it was a good biotope

I think we succeeded I hope! It was only a rough 10 min job so I hope it looks good haha.

Fish list will be 3 x apistogramma cacatuoides (only the finest ones available in qld :))

20 x ember tetras or 20 x golden pencilfish

breeding colony of 8 corydoras sterbai

4 otocinclus

Edited by discus_noob

Ok stocking is now

8 strebai cories (breeding colony)

6 apistogramma cacatuoides (3 pairs)

Should i add say 15-20 purple pencil fish aswell.

Keeping in mind that right now (3 days after putting these fish in the tank) they are all now breeding, i have eggs all over my glass as well as a female protecting eggs.

Sooooo exciting

Here are some pictures

Adam has some better pictures of the tank with no filters or anything in it that were taken for a comp but these were just my quick snaps on parents camera.

ENJOY :D

IMG_8324.jpg

IMG_8323.jpg

Yer Adam, how much better is the tank now from when we took the photos :P God damit and now it is sooo much more brown but still crystal clear and this time you will get shots of the fish because they are hell active now.

Yer Adam, how much better is the tank now from when we took the photos :P God damit and now it is sooo much more brown but still crystal clear and this time you will get shots of the fish because they are hell active now.

I wonder why there active ,cause there having a rootin tootin good time in there new surroundings......LOL....