brockssracer

Did you know????

This is for some of the fun facts we learn as we delve into our hobby.... post them up here for others to learn about and look into..... here is one I recently discovered.

Cichlids from the genus Plecodus live on a diet of eating other fishes scales.....

I reckon keeping them well fed would get a little difficult!!

toe nails count? lol ^^^^^^^^^^

Did u know the product safe (powdered form of prime) is alot cheaper than prime?

- $100 for 1kg of safe will get you roughly 757,000 litres of treated water. if you break it down.....

- $1 per 7570 litres or 1 cent per 75 litres

- So for roughly 6 cents i can dose my 450 litre 4 x 2 x 2 every water change.

- So if it costs 6 cents for one water change then i should get roughly 1682 water changes per 1kg container of safe at $100.

alternatively u can buy a bottle of prime for $24 or $28 or $35 depending where u buy it from, and have to buy another one in like a months time. LOL

just putting it out there guys

Edited by Bogan8r

You should buy the 4L bottle of Prime from Russ @ Redlands. Alot cheaper then everywhere else plus it will last you for a long time ;) plus no weighing or mixing :)

Also my Clown Loaches sift through my GG's Poo finding all the left over nutrients thus recycling the food and removing big ugly poo's :) don't know if it counts as a fact but I like how my tank doesn't have any big poo's haha

Edited by Merkinater
Spelling haha

You should buy the 4L bottle of Prime from Russ @ Redlands. Alot cheaper then everywhere else plus it will last you for a long time ;) plus no weighing or mixing :)

Also my Clown Loaches sift through my GG's Poo finding all the left over nutrients thus recycling the food and removing big ugly poo's :) don't know if it counts as a fact but I like how my tank doesn't have any big poo's haha

I don't mix it or weigh it, i have a 1/4 teaspoon on stand by and just add one of them and wait 2 mins before filling

Where do u purchase this from ??

QUOTE=Bogan8r;328817]toe nails count? lol ^^^^^^^^^^

Did u know the product safe (powdered form of prime) is alot cheaper than prime?

- $100 for 1kg of safe will get you roughly 757,000 litres of treated water. if you break it down.....

- $1 per 7570 litres or 1 cent per 75 litres

- So for roughly 6 cents i can dose my 450 litre 4 x 2 x 2 every water change.

- So if it costs 6 cents for one water change then i should get roughly 1682 water changes per 1kg container of safe at $100.

alternatively u can buy a bottle of prime for $24 or $28 or $35 depending where u buy it from, and have to buy another one in like a months time. LOL

just putting it out there guys

WHEN a school of reef fish loses its single male, the largest female begins acting like a male within a few hours and will produce sperm within 10 days. Some other species repeatedly switch back and forth between the production of eggs and of sperm during a single mating.