This is sort of a follow on from one of my previous threads, or more like a whole change around.

Apart from my display tank upstairs I have a few tanks downstairs in what was the garage, now fish room/sitting area.

I had a big few nights down there basically what i did was ......

I transfered everything over from the existing 4 @ 4 ftrs to a new (new to me anyway but still like new, top quality) 4 teired 8 ftr rack.

Now it was a mission catching fish moving water, sump everything.

I had done all the plumbing on this before i even started so the system wasn't down for too long.

All the fills for the tanks are at one end flowing to the end against the wall where there are 2 32 mm bulkheads. Out of them into the 90 mm pipe and back to the sump.

I have some sponge filters in each tank as well just to pick up some of the excess crap as well as a bit extra filtration. This system has my africans in it but in the long run will house a couple pairs of americans and some other fish =)

Then my africans will be going into the other 4 teir 8 ft rack, and 3 teir 8 ft rack with the 4 ftrs in it.

Well enough of typing and time for some pics......

the old setup...

007.jpg

001.jpg

090.jpg

all empty now =)

Edited by JayPee

Now the new setup .....

Overflow to the sump, 32mm pipe siliconed into 90 mm pipe.

086.jpg

New style divider.

085.jpg

The tanks, 8 x 2 footprint.

091.jpg

More of the tanks.

084.jpg

Hope you enjoyed looking. I still have some other picks to put up.

=)

Edited by JayPee

looks good bro, will def catch up when i come down

Yeah for sure. My Fronnys are in the top tank so hopefully with a bit of privacy they might just breed for me. I'm just trying to get the ph up a bit more for them to make them a bit happier =)

Yeah that's an epic rack of tanks, although you might need a some abseiling gear to get to that top tank. I'd love to see a photo of you up in the clouds given it a clean or trying to net out some breeders. Looks neat though and would love to get something like this one day.

Yeah mate for sure. Next sunday will have more tanks to lift ha ha. This one was pretty easy sort of less pipe wor but more if that makes sense.

I have stocked the top tank already with a nice colony of large fronnys.

Once i get the next rack and the original rack going again i will make a decision as to what I'm getting then. Still got a few things in mind =)

fantastic tank set up. i might of missed it if you already mentioned but what size tanks are those on the racking? also what mm glass are the tanks? and the stands total height? looks awefully high. def need pictures of a cleaning effort of the top one! ;)

Well was down stairs stuffing around for most of the day so i've cleaned up the leads on the first rack.

I got the lights in the second rack.

Bulkheads in and the start of the return plumbing done.

Will have to wait till i get my sump before i can finish it off.

So hope fully over the next week or so i will get the plumbing done on the third rack and the lights in it.

=)