neyund

Fish in Singapore

Hi All,

I'm in Singapore for a few days and I already miss you guys (well not really). Just thought I'd make you guys and girls feel important. I do miss my fishies though.

I had really bad withdrawal symptoms. So bad that I visited some local aquariums in Singapore. They didn't have a lot of african cichlids and the quality was very poor. They had a lot of arawanas though and the price was pretty much on par with Australian prices.

It was a bit disspponting but at least I got to see some fish.

I am heading off to Hong Kong today and so I will try to take some pictures of their famous fish market.

see ya later.

dan

Hi all,

I am now in Hong Kong. The first day i went to the goldfish market and was it amazing or what. Took lots of photos and will try to download them later. In Hong Kong, they have very little regards for the health of the fish. We saw heaps of fish bagged up in little bags for sale and some were dead already. I think they go on special (only kidding). There's a lot of arawanas and gold fish (koi) but very little of africans.

getting late now so I better go.

Signing out from Hong Kong,

dan

Chief Editor

South East Asia Correspondence

Qld AF P/L

Well good evening to all in Australia. It's Dan from HK HQ signing in again. I wanted so much to download some photos but the computers I'm using in the hotel here looks like it may have some virus and the last thing I want is to get them. So I will uplaod when I get back to Oz. I went to Lamma Island tonight for a sefood dinner and coaught a few fish. The keep the fish in floating cages and let the tourists catch them using 3 pieces of bait hooked on one at a time and when you catch a fish, you can buy it at the going rate. I caught 2 fish and lost the third. It was great fun. Decided not to pay for the fish for dinner cos it was already included in the tour. Took lots of photos of the fish and cuttlefish too. They were as big as a cat. Can't wait to upload the photos.

I'm heading for Macau tomorrow. So will keep you guys up to date.

Signing out from Hong Kong,

dan

Chief Editor

South East Asia Correspondence

Qld AF P/L

PS thought you'd like that frum :-))))

How ironic. I have just come back from HK. I was probably in the goldfish market the same day as you!

It is amazing, its a whole street of aquariums. Most of the stores are a bit dodgy but some have awesome fish. There was one store almost entirely devoted to plecos. As Dan said, very few africans. I saw tropheus duboisi at AUD$6 each! They have the most amazing planted tanks....

The dry goods are sooo cheap. Maybe a third to half of the price here in oz. They sell everything from eheim and seachem down to the cheap stuff. Picked myself up an eheim 2217 with media for AUD$120.

Michael