Pet_City

Ad hoc Weekend Freshwater Specials

I do "ad hoc" sales on a lot of my freshwater stock, every weekend, just for the purpose of moving stock and making space. I should mention that these sales are club members only (NFD) - apologies in advance and please no comments - that is just the way that Pet City - Mt.Gravatt takes care of its club members.

Ryukins $25

Eretmodus $35

Tangicodus $20

A. Anostomus $35

Blue Eyes (Spilurum) $8

L282 $1000.00

Lake Kamaka Rainbows $10

Super Green Texas (largish meds) $10

Stendker Brilliant Turqs $150

Yellow Tail Congo Tetras $8

Rose Flame Chanda $15

Leopard Cory $15

Tiger Barbs $4

Endler Hybrids $4

T. Elioti $10 - Non breeding quality!

Yes, seems like a ecletic mix - something to match all tanks and budgets! Hope to see you guys in!

how much does it cost to become a member?

You can sign up in shop and you get 12 months for $25 dollars. About 80% of our aquarium customers are club members. Grant (my marine manager) and I try really hard to make the club members feel like they are getting something for their dollars. So we do massive livestock specials and dry good specials on a regular basis for club members only. On a regular basis you are assured at least 10% around the shop and thats on every purchase. For example the 12" silver arowanas that I had on Ekka special for $200 were for Club members only. I can guarantee that you will get your $25 back in savings!

I am a member and it is well worth it. Really you only have to spend like $250 a year or like $20 a month. What ever you spend over that you will be ahead. The good thing about Pet City is that they generally have everything and if they do not have what you only need to ask as may have a better product. They are professional and helpful, good product knowledge too.

I was a member for the past 7 years or possibly longer and this year I didn't renew, how do the club members know of the extra specials as over all these years I never heard of anything extra besides the standard discount that is applied to everything. If I can see the benefit in savings again I will happy rejoin. Maybe a online mailout would help.

I was a member for the past 7 years or possibly longer and this year I didn't renew, how do the club members know of the extra specials as over all these years I never heard of anything extra besides the standard discount that is applied to everything. If I can see the benefit in savings again I will happy rejoin. Maybe a online mailout would help.

We send a monthly email mailout detailing some of the sales. Was your email address up to date? One was sent out two Friday's ago with sales from all the sections for father's day. Sometimes we do them even more frequent that monthly. We also post a newsletter on our website www.petcity.com.au and also post new sales and new arrivals on our facebook page and twitter. Our website is 4 weeks away from a brand new look and I'm sure that we will email out to the members announcing its launch. I definitely suggest you follow us on facebook - as I know that I as well as the other sections post every week new stock and new sales.

As for the sales listed above they are "ad hoc". I do them every weekend. Friday afternoon, I look at my fish sales for the week and what is arriving next week on my pre-orders. The same happens for marine. I then walk around all the tanks and mark the fish that I have to move before new ones come in. If I have set on exotics for a long time, I look at moving them on also. It just thins out my stock, that way I can get more in. I only have a limited number of tanks and I like getting new things in regularly. These sales are Sat and Sunday only - every week - as I do my new orders as soon as I come in on Mondays :)