beani

Gold Coast Aquarium Society Auction TODAY!!!

The GCAS is holding an Auction @ Southport Community Hall.

Fish to be auctioned can be handed in from 4pm. Auction starts at 6pm

Parking is still available behind the old Southport Community Centre. Parking entrance is off Garden Street

Gold Coast Aquarium Society - for downloadable auction forms

who's coming??

Brett

I think having the Gold Coast auction a week after the Brisbane one was a mistake.It was the smallest crowed Ive seen at an auction.Felt sorry for the sellers who took the time and effort to bring fish only to get pittance for there efforts.One seller took most if not all his fish home because he wouldn't drop his reserve .

I went for the first time and thought it was a hoot. The auctioneer was fantastic - had us laughing a few times. I did not buy any fish though as I have enough in my tank (freshwater fish), but hoped there would be plants, but there were only 3 lots of those. They came up early and I was too shy to bid as I was not sure how it all worked, but I will know for next time now. Really wish there were more plants as the night went on, as I was feeling braver by then.

It was a shame to see so many fish go dirt cheap - after all the effort - but it was a good night out anyway.

I don't know the full story about the auction date so I'm not going to say what I have heard. Apart from next year it should be back in the normal month

Definatley a buyers auction though. Stuff went rather cheap. And I applaud the guy who did not drop his reserve which was still cheap.

A big thankyou though to all who came

Brett