scott95

The "Utopia" for flowerhorns

hey guys,

thought i would start a discussion seeing as though school holidays are now boring.

what would you say is the best tank set up for a flowerhorn?

what is the best rate to change water for growth?

what is the best food?

As in the time being now i am contemplating starting maybe a plywood or just glass build of a 3 x 2 x 2 holding around 90 gallons of water (the yanks seem to suggest thats best) my reason being in the dimensions, is i do not have much space to play around with so length is a problem.

have a great DAY

3x2x2 will be fine for one male display fish. they seldom reach more then a foot long. best foods i have found are massivore,biogold,earthworms and peeled green prawns. best wc regime for growth would be 30% daily JMHO

no substitude for water changes. like they say "ya cant polish a turd". dont get me wrong as filter mediums are important, its just that wc's add trace elements that are used/soaked up and remove nitrates/phosphates etc which do hinder growth.

not really nooby lol. i look at it like "do you wanna temporarily/mechanically/chemically remove waste or permanantly do it ?" all the great filter medias are on the market to make life easier on the aquarist not the fish. they all do wonders and especially macropore at "polishing" the water but will "fill up" or "release when full" toxins or need "recharging" yada yada yada. like i said it was only an opinion on more "optimum" levels if you wanna have happy,healthy and fast growing fish. in real terms running super medias and doing 25% weekly wc's will keep your fish healthy and happy. there is also the trace element factor which i really think alot of hobbyists overlook JMHO