Alasse

4ft planted journal

The new tank is in the house and am gathering things to get it started.

Tank: 4' x 20"x 18"

Filter: Pro-Aqua 2000/LPH Canister (ordered today)

Light: 3x T5HO 54W (ordered today)

Substrate: Propagating sand/JBL AquaBasis Plus mix, Marble chips, Blood & Bone, topped with Course sand.

Hardscape: Goldvine (to be ordered in small lots cause its pricey *L*) & Rocks (gotta do a landscape crawl to find some i like)

Plants: to be honest, no idea at this stage

CO2: If i do it will be DIY

Fertz: Yep

Livestock: Redtail black shark & couple of BN (definates) and will be looking at large schools of smaller fish types.

This will not be a speedy build, budget doesnt permit it *LOL* It will come together eventually, and i will update as it happens

Tank stand is still raw and will require varnishing before anything can happen

4ft27thSept2011.jpg

Another tank will be going underneath, being cleaned up. Though am debating upsizing a bit

Substrate goodies (need at least another bag of marble chips i think)

4ft27thSept2011a.jpg

I think the way your doing it is great. It took me about 6 months to set up my 6 ftr many years ago.

I think it adds to the excitement of the whole build and you appreciate it more when its complete.

Will look great when its done for sure.

=)

Thanx guys :)

I'm extremely excited, and hanging to dive into it. But restraint is good and patience is a virtue, good things come to those that wait they say :)

I've done a few planted, but all very very low tech, i'm hoping this one will be a step up, not too far mind, but up *L*

Thanx electric :)

I did have 19, sold 3 on the weekend though, accidently broke 2 smaller ones reshuffling, gave away 1, bought in the new one so down to 13 tanks in the house & 1 in the carport (2.5ft setup freebie, needs to be cleaned up), but only 6 running at present

MTS is a very very real thing! Dangerous to ya wallet let me say *LOL*

I'm ousting a lot of my smaller tanks, except 2 nanos, i like to play with these on occassion just to see what i can come up with.

This 4ft is my main thing at the moment, i have a sort of visual in my mind how i want it, now just gotta find the bits to do it

Tanks are back on the stand, light is in place. Back glass lids will need to go back and be cut a bit shorter and i need a larger piece taken out the corner for the canister inlet and outlet tubes (canister is going at the end not under tha tank)

The background is on, now light is on the tank and i can see better, a few spots need a bit more work. Will also be getting 2 more bits of backing to cover the sides of the tank, this will cover the canister pipework.

I'll grab pics later tonight.

Planted, not finished though, gotta get my hands on some different plants now

Filling, and it WAS crystal clear, but my other half was helping and well now its not *LOL*

4ft3rdOct2011.jpg

Filled

4ft3rdOct2011a.jpg

Thank you :)

Tank is going along brilliantly, quite a bit of plant growth already. NO algae which i am rather chuffed about *L*

The angels have now moved out and are in thier own tank.

I will be starting to stock the tank over the coming weeks

As of today stock is:

1 RTBS

1 Sunburst platy female

2 Bronze cories

6 Rummynose tetras (new today)

The rummy's look great, schooling beautifully, which i am very pleased with