use a strainer with airstone underneath to gently tumble the eggs

plastic cheapo ones work the best

but it's best to strip after the eggs have hatched... usually 5-7 days depending on the fish (I don't know what it is with frontosa)

agrre with shon best thing to do is let them hold for at least 5days....if you find that the female is continually swallowing if your able to set up another tank when they spawn put her in that tank by herself that way she doesnt get spooked and chased around by the rest of the colony :) then after day 5 strip and tumble...have good success with this method, hope this helps

thanks everyone for ya help,

ill remember that next time when they breed. hopefully ill have a better tumbler by then.

just wondering also what is a normal colour for fronny eggs.?

there are like about 4-5 that are fairly white and the rest are like a creamy colour.

cheers,

Timbo

this is attempt 1 at making a tumbler lol.

timspictures574.jpg

timspictures572.jpg

timspictures575.jpg

yer ill just hold out. ive bought a tumbler off ebay cost me 40 bucks so it better be worth it.

also wondering what colour is normal for frontosa eggs. ive seen some that are a creamy colour but then ive also seen ones that are fully white, is there a proper method to know which ones are fertile and still alive?

i couldnt find any meth blue, the guy at the pet shop said that pimafix does the same thing and wont hurt the fish. im not sure whether to use it or not.

any advice would be appreciated,

cheers,

Timbo

Edited by timbo86

hey people,

after a long wait of 2 days i finally recieved my tumbler, lets just say im quit impressed with how fast it turned up. and did not hesitate to put the remaining eggs into the new tumbler. unfortunatly only 6 left.

here are some pics. i have noticed that some eggs are starting to form heads and tails.

timspictures610.jpg

timspictures615.jpg

timspictures614.jpg

timspictures612.jpg

thanks everyone :)

with any luck these ones should survive. I will learn from this, on the plus side ive got me new tumbler so im ready to Rock lol. i reakon this one is freakon awesome well worth the money.

cheers,

Timbo

its been one week today since i stripped the eggs from the female kigoma.

i thought i got all of them 30+ there was. i just noticed she still isnt eating and shuffling her mouth quite a bit.

what to do??????

cheers,

Timbo

yer i was thinking that. though she is the female who produces alot of eggs but usually swallows em by now. maybe it would be good for her to get used to holding a bit longer.

thats worth the sacrifice to lose maybe 2-3 more fry and gain 30-40 next time around :)

though now my largest females tube is down and the male is getting protective of her too lol. its weird though cause she doesnt lay.

its like she is just teasing him haha