Sign in to follow this  
clownie

shops in brisbane

hi all.

can anyone suggest a "fish shop itinerary" or trip in brisbane for a girlfriend and i coming from the gold coast. she's into americans and i'm into africans. weve done all the gold coast shops and now want to have a look in brissie. i'm especially into tangs. so if someone could let me know from sth of brissie to north of brissie the shops that you'd recommend (so i can ruin my street directory with markers etc)

thanks all

col

smiths on sandgate road are great for cichlids. then look up aquarama and mabe atlas all around the same area i'm not sure of the other addresses but google them..

heres my two cents smiths is good specially sinc ethey re furbed much nicer and they get some interesting things

exotic at rocklea would be next have some good fish and just recently refurbed also also good for prices on food and the like

annerly is prob my fav they have just about the best and widest range of cichlids ive seen

just down the road wetpets a bit sad at time but every now and they theyll stunn you with some great fish

pet city at mt gravatt is huge and have a pretty good range and likewise evernow and then theyll pullsoemthing special out

theres also beenleigh on the way back home this guys is great and brings in a lot of WILD CAUGHT fish all i can say is have a looky its only a small shop but look closely in each tank

peter

very dissapointed with my recent visit to pet city the quality of the africans is way down on when i last visited them over a year ago. didnt like seeing thier 3cm haps fully coloured up, the large amount of assorted cichlids they had, yellows with black/soot all over them and deformed mouths, and most of the medium/large africans were very raggad, as in broken fins etc. didnt get much time to look at many of the others though as they were close to closing. they did have some blue dempseys, which ive never seen in real life before, datniods and a few rarer ones though. so all in all i may give them another go sometime in the future but i'll be trying the other ones listed in the post first.

have tried wet pets, exotics and i think annerly (small shop on the corner?) with the last one being the best.

pony-tail, whats the name of that shop at clayfield? and what sort fish does he get in with the german imports?

cheers

mick

I have known Brian McGregor - the owner for more than 25 years . But now he is rarely in the store , I do not know the current manager well !

The stock is healthy unfortunately you will not find many Africans there as he prefers Americans and Marines . I go there from time to time because he gets some very unusual Dwarf Cichlids and some less than common Annabantids You need to look through his tanks to find the unusual stuff if he has it in .

If you're after any dry goods on your way home you can't beat Russ's prices at Redlands Pet Centre... he also has some nice quality main stream africans (elec blues, yellows, acei, etc)

pony-tail, whats the name of that shop at clayfield? and what sort fish does he get in with the german imports

Mostly Dwarf Cichlids or the odd Annabantid sometimes Catfish .

I did not take a great deal of notice - I was looking for plants .

I have not kept fish for a while - basically just aquatic plants , since I worked for a few years for a fish wholesaler - actually got to hate fishkeeping for a while !

Sign in to follow this