BRISSY

what did you get at the auction? A L600 WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

hello everyone, what did you get at the auction? I got the 1 of the L600s. LOL, that was in my dreams after last night. the starting price for the L600s was 1k.

everything was going realy cheap, alot of things went for there starting price or lower. audault africans were going for as low as $5ea, big americans like jags were going for like $10 or somthing!

I got:

3 LF BN 4cm

pair of blue acaras 8-10cm

4 blue eye cichlids 4-5cm

6 things simmilar to kribs. 7cm+

5 sterbai corys 1cm :(

1 pair of massive OS BN 12cm+

and 1/2 a kilo of realy quality algae wafers off thommo, if you ever need food he can sort you out.

thanx

laurie

I wanted to make a couple of notes of the fish auctions I have recently attended

Firstly let me state that I think the auctioneers have done a super Job and I know and understand how hard it is to do this Job and also the time and personal sacrifice that these Position Hold

Well done to the Auction crew

But I need to note …

The Job of the Auctioneer is to (Move as much stock as possible in the quickest amount of time and TRY to get the best $) Discussing the issue about how cheap fish are going for and how disappointed they personally are about pricing only adds to the TIME and does nothing to encourage BIDS.

Emotion to a large degree needs to be left out .. Its not your fish and your Job to determine the Market.

I also think the rules have been worked out buy the Fish crowd .. who now wait and encourage NO bids in an effort for the fish to Go so Low that either people pick-up Bargains or they get Passed In .. Lets face everyone will try to get a bargain and the lowest $ possible(It’s an Auction) Why bother trying to compare to Shop $ when its an Auction? Remember you are dealing mostly with hobbyist, breeders and shop owners and most know the w/sale $ of the fish.

If I wait for a bag of Fish to go down to the lowest $ for a Bid.. then I might get lucky and pick-up bag 2 or 3 for that Price that somebody else bid on. This causes everyone not to bid and to wait for cheap fish.

L600 .. was great to see this type of Fish .. but really Why bother 1 fish starting $1000.. Cmon .. you are dealing with breeders .. we need pairs to breed and also Notify people these types of fish will be avail and expected $ .. most people don’t carry that sort of Cash in pockets spare even if they wanted that 1 fish.

We all know the issue with Americans ..We don’t have to be treated like children time and time again about the fact if we don’t breed em they will go Extinct LOL.. this conversation should be left for Monthly meetings not repeated time and time again

Sometimes it better to get A bid and work from that point, you can always bring fish back up later on in the night that have been passed in once all others have been sold? At times when I have auctioned fish I would rather sell for little than take home again? Especially if no reserve?

Again not having a go at anyone ..

In fact would again like to thank all involved in these auctions as they do require a lot of work and own time and all of it is voluntary .. But I think Rules and the way you Auction needs a little improvement.

zeb, these problems keep raising their heads everytime mate. It is how it is. The clubs are funny things mate who do look out for themselves before anyone else. But whatcha gunna do?? These issues & more are probably why there was such a poor turn out last night &/or lack of buyers.

Very dissapointing for sellers, fish were being given away...

Good night for buyers, some bargains to be had big time.

G'day all,

I scored what I consider to have been one of THE bargins of the night, if not THE bargin. One WC adult 7 bar male frontosa for $100. I couldn't beleive it when it came up. When I went out front to look at it in the bag, I didn't want to let it go. Two days earlier I was on the net looking at Ravi's latest import list checking for prices. What a bargin, couldn't believe nobody else against me. That fish alone was worth the long trip up from Lismore. Has settled in beautifully with my dozen adult F1 7 bars. Also pick up 2 longfin common BNs[adult] and 5 Geo suris. A great night, thanks to everyone. LOL.

Cheers Warwick.

Good night picked up some good buys but looks like the Americans are the replacements for plants at fish only auctions & Mrzeby if the the

L600 had been a pair I hear the price would have been $3600.

The guys on thye stage did a great job & food was great.

I loved it, I was sitting one seat infront of jabmel, so we had a nice chat, and we both got some good bargains. But the only thing I didn't like was that I didn't know what some of the rarer americans(or ones that don't show up on this forum often) looked like and that was because the pictures were a little slow in comming. I understand this because he had to find fish after fish in a few thousand photos, but I thought he should just get pictures of the rarer fish. (ones that you don't see in a pet shop at least) thats my say, it was an awsome night anyway. And Fish Junkie did an AWSOME job in the canteen!!!:) thanx

Edited by BRISSY

Had a great night ! This was the first time taking fish and the club was very helpful when I checked in my fish . all my fish sold ( yes would have loved to get more for them but this is a auction ) i was happy with price that thay got to anyway

well done to the organizers ! So what to with all the $ i made oh that right I spent it last night

Mate, only juvies [about 5-6 cms] but nice shaped suries. $25 for a bag of 5. Jonno and I grabbed the only 2 bag available. There was also a breeding pair [beautiful male, nice long trailing fins]. They went for $40 for the pair. As cheap as.

Cheers.

good job but yes please we need to move quicker, spending a couple of mins on fish that have not sold previously seams pointless, yes we need to do our best to sell fish but if the night was quicker and people were not restless, tied and over it there might be more bids or better prices, I think the "come on's" started to show around 10 pm, but good job, what might be better too is a broader range of fish, we need the members to get togeather and work out getting more types, there were clearly a lack of same and too many of others, for a small group of buyers once what some people have come for is bought the remaining of that time are cheap or passed in, and others are disapointed that what they may have been looking for were never there

Cheers

At the end of the day you are getting fish at a bargain price so you have to put up with everything that goes with these auctions.It really is a lucky dip as to what fish are up for auction.I usually winge to myself about how many boring africans come up so i guess i missed out last night as i couldnt make it.I have been going to these auctions on and off for 20 odd years and they haven,t changed.At the end of the day you have to put up with way it is run and the fish you are dealt or just don,t go.

Cheers Leigh

I agree things need to be sped up a bit, i also think that people should send in a list a few days before of what they will be selling, that way it can be posted on the various forums, i also think that in some part forums have drove the price of fish right down, why go to an auction and pay 7 or 8 bucks a fish, a bag of peacocks lets say, when you can buy them of the breeder for $5 each and go round and pick the best out of his tanks, also i think that once you drop your fish off at the auction its the auction organisers descretion to bring them up at a time in the auction they want to, that way you dont get an hour of same fish coming up, they need to mix things up a bit, dont get me wrong i love the auctions, but i do agree that the crowd has made the rules in some part and there needs to be a bit of a shake up.

I wanted to make a couple of notes of the fish auctions I have recently attended

Firstly let me state that I think the auctioneers have done a super Job and I know and understand how hard it is to do this Job and also the time and personal sacrifice that these Position Hold

Well done to the Auction crew

But I need to note …

The Job of the Auctioneer is to (Move as much stock as possible in the quickest amount of time and TRY to get the best $) Discussing the issue about how cheap fish are going for and how disappointed they personally are about pricing only adds to the TIME and does nothing to encourage BIDS.

Emotion to a large degree needs to be left out .. Its not your fish and your Job to determine the Market.

I also think the rules have been worked out buy the Fish crowd .. who now wait and encourage NO bids in an effort for the fish to Go so Low that either people pick-up Bargains or they get Passed In .. Lets face everyone will try to get a bargain and the lowest $ possible(It’s an Auction) Why bother trying to compare to Shop $ when its an Auction? Remember you are dealing mostly with hobbyist, breeders and shop owners and most know the w/sale $ of the fish.

If I wait for a bag of Fish to go down to the lowest $ for a Bid.. then I might get lucky and pick-up bag 2 or 3 for that Price that somebody else bid on. This causes everyone not to bid and to wait for cheap fish.

L600 .. was great to see this type of Fish .. but really Why bother 1 fish starting $1000.. Cmon .. you are dealing with breeders .. we need pairs to breed and also Notify people these types of fish will be avail and expected $ .. most people don’t carry that sort of Cash in pockets spare even if they wanted that 1 fish.

We all know the issue with Americans ..We don’t have to be treated like children time and time again about the fact if we don’t breed em they will go Extinct LOL.. this conversation should be left for Monthly meetings not repeated time and time again

Sometimes it better to get A bid and work from that point, you can always bring fish back up later on in the night that have been passed in once all others have been sold? At times when I have auctioned fish I would rather sell for little than take home again? Especially if no reserve?

Again not having a go at anyone ..

In fact would again like to thank all involved in these auctions as they do require a lot of work and own time and all of it is voluntary .. But I think Rules and the way you Auction needs a little improvement.

Mate Watch this space there are going to be major changes to the way the Auctions are run

FJ