the German

funnest thing you've done fish keeping

had to share this with you

came home from auctions Saturday night about 11:30 and started to unpack fish i new in my mind where i was going to put them all so started to open bags and put in tanks .after 10 bags or so got to the endlers that i got i was very happy with them as this was my first 2 tro's put them in a 2ft tank that was on a stand with 15 other 2ft'ers and moved on finished up about 12:30 when to bed. next day went to the fish room and started to feed all the fish got to the endlers and couldn't find them first thort was thay died or jumped out !OK what ever!! moved on to the next tank witch has 3 small p/bass about 6-7cm thay looked very very very fat this morning i thort then it clicked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

just wanted to share

The other day I was syphoning some water from one tank to another, Tank was getting full so stupid me pulls the hose from the wrong tank, So as you could imagine water going everywhere while Im in shock wondering wtf is going on, Talk about brain fart, Missus thought it was funny.

Yeah, put the hose in the tank to fill it up, walk outside and turn tap on, come back inside, hose and popped out of the tank and spraying up to the roof and splashing everywhere, my 5 year old chirps up- lookd dad its a fountain, fml

I had some galaxis in a bucket while doing a tank rearrange and went to poor out some of the water into the toilet (toilet is in the fish room) so I didn't overfill the new tank when I poored the bucket full of fish back into the tank,

Only thing is I forgot how good jumpers galaxies are and two of them jumped into the dunny bowl. Spent about 10 minutes with my hand a small net trying to catch them out. Must have looked a site, lucky the miss us didn't walk past.

Distraction moment during some siphoning with a big Eheim 2260 filter... resulted in my ingesting an entire mouthful of some really vile, brown, scummy filter sludge. I swallowed it as it was pressure forced into the back of my throat.

The end result was 24 hours of the worst case of squirty bum syndrome I can remember in a looooooong time. I didn't see the funny side at the time, but now I can certainly laugh about it :)

My funniest moment was when I was when I was first into fish keeping I had a community tank in my parents lounge room

My Father complained that his cigarette kept going out.....eventually worked out the problem....my New fish was responsible...an Archer fish was hitting the end of Dad's cigarette!!!

A couple of years ago we had a big (12cm) peppermint bristlenose. Could never get a decent pic of him. Saw him skipping along the top of the water one sunday. What the.

He kept doing it for what seemed like ages. Went out for a while & on return there he was at the front of the tank. Yahoo!!! photo time. Out came the camera, got some great shots, absolutely ecstatic, but he never moved. Then out came the net. Got him out the tank...the bugger was dead. All his gut was hanging out. He'd burnt himself on the heater which didn't have a guard. It does now tho.