Just noticed one of my Moba females has a small wound on her head, I am thinking just a scrape or fight wound. What do you guys think and recommend?. She is in a tank with 2 other females her size and a large male.

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

Yep fronnys do this quite frequently unfortunately.

On the plus side they are very tough resilient creatures, and usually heal rapidly.

Good water quality is the first priority.

Then excellent quality food.

Then maybe a bit of salt and melafix.

These are a relatively new arrival for me & the tank is only a temporary cycled quarantine tank until they get a new 6x2x2. There is a UV on filter & tank also has geo liquid. They may still be a little stressed with the new surroundings as its only been 2 weeks. They are being very fussy with food too but I am guessing that's stress too. Water quality is good and clean bottom. The caves are from there original tank so let them keep them to try and make them feel at home.

Edited by Ozfunster
typo

Just got home from work and same female now has a big scratch down her side. I have taken those pots out as they do have sharp edges. Still worried they wont eat properly, have fed them fresh peeled and chopped prawns and fish fillets and they have dived on them chewed them a little and spat them out so I removed the food. Tried some pellets I had and they did the same, got a sample of some Hakari food from Smiths my LFS and they dived on them but spat them out as well after a couple of chews. The only thing they have definately eaten is frozen blood worms. I will get some NLS Thera A tomorrow as thats one of the foods they were fed by previous owner. They still seem healthy enough apart from the scratches on 1.

Try Mysis shrimp and the New Life Spectrum

or the pea and prawn mix at smiths maybe

You could also soak the food in garlic guard which is supposed to attract fish to the food

Use PVC pipes instead of those sharp objects as well and cover the back and sides of the tank so they feel more secure and it's a bit darker in their tank

Just some things I've learnt by baby sitting other peoples frontosa in my tanks

Oh and I ended up wasting a whole bag of pea and prawn mix from smiths. Fed the Frontosa and sat to watch them eat, lost concentration and walked off then found the bag of thawed mush the next day. Silly me.