aLkAh0LiK

Cichlid Fight Club!

Howdy Folks,

I was having a discussion with my mate today about what would win in a fight, African or American cichlids, & with out actually doing it, as it would be illegal due to Animal Cruelty Rights. I thought we could all just have our "Cichlid Fight Club" on here.

Clearly, African's would win, as they are more intelligent, more agile & have more strength!

What do you all thing? & what would be size for size or pound for pound, the most flamboyant fighters from both realms of cichlids.

The only American that could stand a chance with any African would be the Red Devil.

Pfft never heard of a dovii or umbie have ya,

My old dovii was a vicious fella, he'd kill just for shits n giggles,

I don't think any aff would last too long with a big dovii no matter how smart they are

Got to get a piece of this..

are cats included in this? lol.. african cichlid would be an awesome snack for a RTC..lol..

we debated about this for hours at work today even got told off by the manager lol...

Americans all the way, Female Festae is a fiesty candidate..

although I must agree natives might win Murray Cod will sure destroy without a doubt...

Smart doesn't come into it. There's no smarts involved in locking lips and body butting. The only African that could hold it's own with a same size American is A Tilapia butterkoferi. Mouth shape though indicates that a dovii would see it off easily.................there's no escaping a doviis teeth...................like something from a Hammer horror movie.

Although a jag would be in the top 5 of "vicious" you rarely see one in action. They're more a "mind your own business" fish that's quite content to stay in the background away from aggro, comfortable in the knowledge that should shit happen, they can sort it.............something like the Royal Marines.

Red Devils?.........................now they're more like the Paras (aka red devils).....................tough, but unable to keep themselves to themselves. They simply have to "gob off". They like the world to know that they've "got their wings"..........."Look at me. I'm a hard case". They'll fight for fighting's sake and don't think about the possibility of losing..................they just like a good rumble.

GT's? They've been on both special forces assessment. Rejected from the paras and the Royal Marines and returned to unit, they think that they're better than the other guys in their regiment. They expect to be respected simply because they were selected but in spite of the fact that they failed the course...................tougher than the rest of the lads in their regiment but not tough enough to make the grade in the special forces. They keep getting the shit kicked out of 'em by the real tough nuts, because they think they're tougher than they are............gotta admire their spirit though, and sometimes, that inabilty to know when you're beaten will wear the enemy down, even if you do half cark it yerself.

Festaes? Like the jags, they have nothing to prove. Akin to the SAS, it doesn't matter how big you are or what weapons you have, you get the job done by stealth and with the least effort. No locking horns here with these guys. They work undercover and know the vulnerability of the opponent...............when they go for the kill, it's invariably by use of a head butt to the opponents vital organs. No great effort on their behalf (keeping plenty in their reserve), but a blow aimed directly at the vulnerability of the opponent, who is often stupid enough (unless another festae) to want to lock lips.

Then we have the umbee, synspillum,fenny and other motley crew in the regiment, headed up by a company sergeant major who just happens to be a Cuban immigrant. All tough nuts that have won many battle honours, but prefer not to mix it with the real bad guys. The regimental boxing champion came from their ranks and nobody dare cross him and give him a wide berth.................he's named Zonata and he's likened to a comic book hero for his exploits in beating his enemies.............best looking guy in the regiment as well...............bit like his hero Muhammad Ali.............not a mark on him. His CO wants him to apply for the special forces but he's happy to be cock of the walk in his own environment and doesn't like stepping out of his comfort zone.

Africans? well, it goes without saying...............they're only like little pygmies ain't they? No need to send the SF or cream of the regiment after those guys.................just send those guys from the cookhouse. those little guys who ain't real soldiers but often like to show that they are............when you can drag 'em away from eating and humping...................convicts..........that's their name............they'll sort the Africans out...............we'll keep the guys above in reserve, for when a real war breaks out. :egrin:

Oi its Size for Size or Pound for Pound so a 10cm vS a 10cm fish, or a 2kg fish vS a 2kg fish! Some of you are getting carried away with stuff like "Oh a RTC would own any African" yeah probably because of its pure size advantage..

Mate, Goliath was huge and look what little David did to him. Even if Africans had size, they'd fall.............all size and bluster and no real knowledge of how to fight dirty/craftily. Why does nature provide specimens with bright colours? As a warning to others that they're dangerous..................if you're dangerous you don't need to provide a warning...............African's colours are as significant as the school bully................all show and no real balls or talent for a real fight. Warn 'em off in the hope that you don't get into a fight :-P:egrin: