Finally got a new one to tick off the challenge list of breeding. I checked this morning and the L080 was sitting on eggs.

The secret... perseverance....perseverance....perseverance....

Have breed all the BN's, peps, os, sf and lf. Was a good place to start learning.

Have breed L002, L066, L104, L127, L168, L202, L278, L333, L397 and now the L080.

Bit of cheating some bought as breeders.

Next on the hit list....L015, L201, L270 with the 270's very close.

L104 fry in the cave.

L397 two boys on eggs

L278 just dumped out fry and on eggs again

L002 on eggs

L066 trapped girl so should have eggs on Saturday

L333 fry on the top of the cave and male underneath on new batch of eggs

L080 on eggs

Some days are crap others are gold and we all travel the cycle together. Don't give in and don't give up. You get there eventually.

wow, nice work - and what a challenge you've set yourself! a few more L's to go....

But yes, to really enjoy the hobby for what its worth day in day out you need a challenge for sure.

Whether its to breed something rare and hard to get (like your L's), or breed something common to make it better.

Both satisfying in their own right.

When I started off I started with BN's and they were a good start to cut my teeth on. Its like a bike, you start with training wheels and if you go too fast you have a stack. A lot of reading goes a long way - google is good but remember what works for one does not always work for another. They take a while to settle so changing your tank setup every week will not help them. The above fish I have had for probably close to a year and half to two years. Sit watch and learn. It was only recently I was saying to Bren that I think they will do something soon. If you notice changes in their behavior you get an idea, an idea if it is sick or showing signs of breeding.

It can be really rewarding it can be really painful and then there are those days of disasters. No real shortcuts.

Have a crack at em and you will soon get the bug, but it is a long long road.

hell yes!

I look forward to the day when you flood the market with L600's and blue phantoms!

Like the sound of that and working on it - just want to pick off some of the easier ones first and work my way up. I am still a learner and will learn some more, strangely I will always be a learner.

2152444.jpg

Like the sound of that and working on it - just want to pick off some of the easier ones first and work my way up. I am still a learner and will learn some more, strangely I will always be a learner.

2152444.jpg

At the end of the day we are all learners, no one knows everything, it's nice that people like yourself and Donny constantly offer good advice and help to us.

Congrats on the L080s, another L down,

If i could get my 168 fry to growout and not die , I'd be happy

Cav