bidkev

Why do we do it?

Keep these crazy Americans?

Went to feed the dovii. they've been going for me every time as they've got fry in the tank. Only opened the lid a couple of inches and the male came clear out of the tank (going for my fingers) and onto the fish room floor. I've had Spanish mack in the well of the boat that didn't kick up as big a fuss as he did..............all the while his choppers were going ten to the dozen..............ended up throwing a towel over the bugger to pick him up................yeah! I know! I'm a wuss. :egrin:

Add to that the 7 peacock bass I recently got are now 6...............one of them is sitting in the corner with a grossly enlarged belly................I swear the bastard is grinning at me!

kev

Big fish eat little fish even if they are only a few mm smaller :)

Yeah but Mick...................there's 30 gudgeon in that tank that are smaller than his sibling, the sole purpose being to defeat a propensity for bass to cannibalise..............so much for the text books! :(:egrin:

He was just thinning out the competition ... sounds reasonable to me :)

All the more gudgeons for him ... that is once he's through with his other brothers and sisters :(

yeah...............worrying ain't it. If they're like this at 6cms what they'll do given a bit of size. 8O:egrin:

My Vieja Synspilum male nearlly jumped out the tank the other day too ! Big bugger launched at me fingers when I was getting some fry out, he spent the next hour charging up and down the tank hitting/ biting the glass lol

Wouldent get rid of him for anything espicaly now I have have a pure female to match thanks to craigo, the last spawn got fed to the p bass ( female is crossed with somthing) The bass are the only ones un happy now that I'm not feeding Synspilum juvies.

Can't go past americans !!

LOL. I caught out a batch of blue acara fry just a little while ago, I swear that bloomin female has watched finding memo to many times, I put in my net in the water, she swims strait in and swims as hard as she can. I pull her out of the net and had another go. She decided she would do it again. I pulled her out again and she sat at the front of the tank with the sadest face I have ever seem. made me feel so guilty. lol

hope the big guy was alright after face planting the floor

He'll be face planting my fist if he's not careful.................went for me again tonight but landed on the lid.................the female went berserk, butting the lid whilst he flapped around on it! getting the fry out is gonna be fun 8O I think I'll charge people to come and watch:egrin: