Harris.

Can fish sense/smell food?

can fish sense food say i drop a pellet into the tank but my fish doesn't see it and it sinks into an awkward spot, would they be able to use sense or smell to find it?

same with pleco if you drop a wafer in one side of the tank would the pleco sense or smell it out?

what is your knowledge on this?

cheers

sean

yep without a doubt... i've watched my RTC move 25kg rocks (much to my dismay) just to get to one massivore pellet.

He can sense something tasty drop into the tank from 8 feet away with the lights off or on, yet i put something plastic/inedible in the tank and he wont move

Edited by dditt

yep without a doubt... i've watched my RTC move 25kg rocks (much to my dismay) just to get to one massivore pellet.

He can sense something tasty drop into the tank from 8 feet away with the lights off or on, yet i put my something plastic/inedible in the tank and he wont move

oh sweet.

what is a rtc? is it that cat in your pic?

mate I can never see my L202's until about 20 seconds after I drop food in there.... Like clock work they come out of their hiding spots , position themselves downstream from the food and zig zag their way towards it... much like a shark that can sense the faint taste of blood....