Anyone want to recommend a good value for money skimmer to use for 500l marine tank - will be heavily stocked with coral/live rock, but not too many fish.

Anyone had any experience with an Aqua One G224? If it sucks whats the next best thing up the price scale??

hey mate firstly have a look at RTAW (google it). Everyone on there have reef tanks and are extremely helpful. Vertex Alpha is one of the best brands for skimmers mate. A little pricey but they do the job better than any others do.

Pmarshal: Less than $300 on reefshop but out of stock atm.

bjc: Thanx for your advice, it is about time I signed up with MASA. Regarding the skimmer though, theres no way can I justify spending 8 times more for something that might be upto twice as good. It just blows fine bubbles, how can it be 8 times better? Anyway that's just my philosophy - perhaps I'll learn otherwise the hard way.

yeah funnily enough thats the exact skimmer Im leaning towards..... On paper its sounds great but Ive read a bunch of forums with people complaining about everything from Customer Service, through to electrical shorting and difficulty tuning the skimmer.... Anyway The company says theyve fixed most these problems now so I'll probably go for it. AOA is in Brisbane and would most likely be the cheapest place to get....