nativecollector

Pure White Fry from Marble Bristlenose Breeders?

The other day, 5 pure white fry came out of a batch of 60+ marbles... both parents are marbles (not sure whether SF or LF) and there are no other fish in the colony/fry tanks except a couple 2cm peps and maybe a 2cm common.

Wondering if this has happened to anyone before? Are they albino, or light coloured marbles like Pandapete's - http://www.qldaf.com/forums/photography-video-lounge-23/pandapetes-more-pics-45180/??

Edited by nativecollector

If they don't have red eyes there not albino.

Grow them up first, ive seen some good looking marble fry, then as they get older lose most of there white and look like shit.

If they do grow up and are still white, get those breeding and have a nice line going

They don't look like they have red eyes, found a couple more too, have 6-7 of them. All look healthy so hopefully most will survive.

Would be nice if they end up an even gold all over, the same gold the parents have here: http://www.qldaf.com/forums/photography-video-lounge-23/few-marble-bristlenose-photos-54608/

hey jordan, my l/f albino marbles (x9 from one batch) are growing nicely. didnt loose any but 4 are a 1/4 of the size of the 5 biggest. dont have red eyes either but have the fine lace pattern on thier tales. have 2 males with wiskas so not far off maturity.

not sure what I'll do with them. ie cross over parents or breed with another bloodline?

very nice pics of the s/f marbles though.

" like father like son" the parents of them are still very impressive.

Thanks Pete, hopefully they turn out like the ones on your photo thread. Were yours pure white when they were 10-13mm fry? Not sure if mine are longfin or shortfin yet, I have SF and LF parents in together, and had 4 lots of eggs in 2 days so not too certain on who did the deed and which log they came out of. Would be good to swap some bloodlines around further down the track.