mrzeby

Peps keep dieinggggggggggggHELP

Hi Guys

Anyone got some ideas that can help.. I have had 4-6 batches of peps and they only last about 2 weeks before they all die... not a single 1 left .. is there anything i should be doing after free swimming? .. do you leave with parents .. put in dif tanks ??

Pleas help 3 trios going and cant save any fry

hey mate!

did you check your ph? i live qite close to you and i noticed that the ph in our tap water went up above 7.5

unlike other bristlenoses peps wont tolerate that. so if you do your waterchanges with tap water you might want to treat it first or put heaps of driftwood in your tank.

cheers sebastian

mrzeby what are you doing atm, leaving with parents or separating.

If separating when and to where (another tank or a fry saver in the same tank) ??

I tend to leave them with the parents for 2-3 weeks and then separate to power feed so they can grow to a sellable size quickly.

Dave

I find fry are a little stupid first up. All they want to do is go up the front of the glass and there isn't too much food on there.

I airline siphon into a container and the set up a frysaver and put them in it.

First up they want a bit of roughage to bulk out those bellies again since they have absorbed all the egg sacks already.

Feed blanched lettuce or a little cucumber or zuccini softened slightly. I like to treat em mean and keep em keen.

They get crushed Sera Flora flake and only after about a week do they get anything good like an algae wafer.

left with parents so far and they just die ?? ph is good ?? whats these terminalia leaves ? wher you get them and how $ and what does it do ? cheers for info

i get my terminalia leaves from city farmers at beenleigh and they are $1per leaf they come with info that states the terminalia leaves is used by both hobbyists alike to keep their fish healthy.since the dried leaf has antibacterial and antifungal properties they are excellent in this regard.place your terminalia leaves directly into your aquarium where their active substances will be released enhancing your fishs slime coat and reinforcing its immune system increasing breeding frequency in adults and improving health and vitality in newborn fry. use as a preventative or to treat fungal and bacterial diseases such as hole-in the head without the damage to the immune system that harsher store bought chemicals can cause killifish and most other the sensitive species. the leaf will degrade slowly with time releasing tannins and its potent cocktail of advantageous medicinal chemicals into the water. i have notice my pepps are healthier an the fry survive better with them in the tank so might be worth trying