Harris.

ebay canister help?

hey guys i bought a ebay external canister those white ones the 1000 lph one. and i don't think its working? its not sucking water in or pushing water out?

this is my first canister filter it is set up properly cause it was working fine for 2 days now its stopped working ? ive turned it off then on, played with the air button still no success? any one have any ideas?

yeah i bought a 2000lph it was hard to start the first time but it gets easier. Check your inlet and outlet hoses are correct and fill the base with water. I had to push pretty hard down on the pump the first time and hold it in as far as it goes. IF that fails id just try pumping it heaps try build up pressure inside it.

might as well point out the elephant in the room

You Get What You Pay For........

nuff said.

Yep its stuffed after 4 days, I did everything you guys said and nothing the motor or impeller or whatever it is is broken, so I'm getting a aqua one 1050

might as well point out the elephant in the room

You Get What You Pay For........

nuff said.

Yep its stuffed after 4 days, I did everything you guys said and nothing the motor or impeller or whatever it is is broken, so I'm getting a aqua one 1050

yeah pain inthe arse but i found best method is to raise your inlet pipe up highest and pour water in it from a bucket and be patient ... the outlet pipe will spill out bubbles .... keep doing that .. when the inlet pipe is filled up with water then reattach the plastic thingy ... then switch it on ... it will work with no problem . the push button is kinda no good

yeah pain inthe arse but i found best method is to raise your inlet pipe up highest and pour water in it from a bucket and be patient ... the outlet pipe will spill out bubbles .... keep doing that .. when the inlet pipe is filled up with water then reattach the plastic thingy ... then switch it on ... it will work with no problem . the push button is kinda no good

Ill give that a try when I get home

Cheers

following that logic, you could hook up the garden hose to the inlet, and have the pressure from the garden hose purge out any air from the canister, it'd be quicker.

but other wise, chalk it up to a lesson learned. :-)

AquaOnes are a great mid-range filter - they also have great warranty, sturdy design and lots of spare parts avail if the worst happens.

following that logic, you could hook up the garden hose to the inlet, and have the pressure from the garden hose purge out any air from the canister, it'd be quicker.

but other wise, chalk it up to a lesson learned. :-)

AquaOnes are a great mid-range filter - they also have great warranty, sturdy design and lots of spare parts avail if the worst happens.

Yea that's why I'm going with aqua one good warranty and spare parts are easy to obtain